• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Wonder if anyone makes an AK based 300 black out... It would give the same performance as a banned AK but it would not have interchangeable parts and would be legal.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Most AK's on the market today are still assembled using demilled parts kits or imported guns. There's not a big market for odd calibered guns because they are essentially caliber dedicated (unlike an AR you can't just push two pins and have a new caliber) so everyone sticks to mostly the 7.62 or the 5.45 variant. All the other caliber guns are essentially dead on the water when they're introduced (see all 5.56 AK's)

That and almost no one in the US is setup with the machinery to properly manufacture AK's.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Have to agree with Mopar as I own a .556 ak that takes Ar mags and most people say it ugly but is more of a niche thing. As for .300 blackout instead of just a magwell modification you would also need a barrel because there has never been one in production given the young age of the caliber. And as for why a magwell mod I am think of all the AR's tried with problems in 7.62 a similar problem would probably happen running 300 in a banana style clip.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    I was thinking it would get the same or better performance as an AK47 in 7.62 * 39 and be legal in maryland.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Ha ha yes - i am one of those few marylanders. I have the Arsenal SLR104FR up for sale To buy an ar in 300 BO but i do like the AK platform a lot.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Good point! Did you say the 5.56 AKs are dead! I have the SLR104FR to build my own AR in 300 BO but I like the AK platform so i was wondering

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    It's a Zastava Pap M90NP and really like it also own it in it's pistol counter part the M85. For me like the idea less caliber in the safe and grab one magazine for various rifles.

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpg
      IMG_4007.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 194

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Nope I personally haven't had any in either. Not that it matter but I do pretty much just run steel cased ammo as I like to keep my brass together for reloading. But if you end up wanting one and depending on where your located at the time he had the best price http://www.jlowesguns.com/-ZASTAVA-M90NP-223-CALIBER-1825-BARREL-1-30RD-MAG_p_475.html
    It says out of stock but add your name to the waiting list and if he can order one he will. I heard from him next day on OOS Items just doesn't always have the time to update everything everyday so he keeps to the higher demand items for stock updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom