• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Man if that ever happened hear I would be in trouble, a lot of firearms accessories come in those heavy zip lock style packaging which I keep for various legal purposes.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    You can use them to decorate a cake, just saying.

They may be used for decorating cakes- PROBABL(E CAUSE)Y NOT though. I think that something like the below is more what they are worried about.

Attachments

• 20141224_113133.jpg
      20141224_113133.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 373

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    But.....how can Kansas consider a felony what was essentially a suspended sentence in Missouri for an incident that didn't occur in Kansas?

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Baggies aren't PC. torn baggie corners are PC. big difference, not many legit uses for those.

Never used one to apply icing to cookies then?

Done each year during the 72 hour cookie/candy making marathon at our house...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You can use them to decorate a cake, just saying.

Never used one to apply icing to cookies then?

Done each year during the 72 hour cookie/candy making marathon at our house...

I don't think if your house is covered in icing, you're wearing an apron, and your daughter is covered in cookie dough that ANYONE would take it as PC. If there are 5-6 of these on the floorboard of your car, small shards/strands of copper, broken glass, and your vehicle has a burnt metallic smell well thats a different story.......................Just saying :lol2:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Baggie corners? Cigarette pack cellophane? You guys seem to know a little too much about this...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Small baggies and cellophane are great - for storing small springs and detents and other parts for various firearms I have broken down.

Which reminds me, I have a few more spring/detent kits in baggies in the console of my truck...

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    Thank you MPDC- I was trying to put duct tape around my skull before getting to deep into this. Your explanation should clear things up for a couple folks. At least I hope that it does...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    MD law takes several things into when determining drug paraphernalia. To include statements made, location and proximity to narcotics, common uses of device, subject previous arrest/conviction history, etc.

Remember that probable cause is not "100% certainty" which would leave the police in an unworkable state.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    But.....how can Kansas consider a felony what was essentially a suspended sentence in Missouri for an incident that didn't occur in Kansas?

That's the more disturbing part of the case to me. Baggie, shmaggie. What about his gunnie? Looks like a case of "ignorance of the law is no excuse" being at play here. Obscure if you ask me.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I don't think if your house is covered in icing, you're wearing an apron, and your daughter is covered in cookie dough that ANYONE would take it as PC. If there are 5-6 of these on the floorboard of your car, small shards/strands of copper, broken glass, and your vehicle has a burnt metallic smell well thats a different story.......................Just saying :lol2:

So it isn't JUST the little baggie that would tip you off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom