• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many rounds of .22LR do you have NOW?

• Less than 1000

Votes: 57 18.0%
    • 1000 - 3000

Votes: 93 29.4%
    • 3000 - 5000

Votes: 64 20.3%
    • 5000 - 10K

Votes: 51 16.1%
    • 10K - 15K

Votes: 24 7.6%
    • 15K - 20K

Votes: 11 3.5%
    • 20K - 30K

Votes: 2 0.6%
    • 30K - 40K

Votes: 7 2.2%
    • 40K - 50K

Votes: 2 0.6%
    • More than 50K

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Still waiting on 10K from the CMP. But I did get 5K of wolf match last week :)

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    A little over 3K here and 1K of that is set aside for new shooters that have me help them buy and learn to shoot a gun. I've given away 5 bricks to new folks the past year or so.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Not enough RN. All I find is HP any more, when I find any. LGS has CCI SV for $5.95/50 and $59.50/500. A little steep for me. Always looking for Mini Mag RN.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not enough RN. All I find is HP any more, when I find any. LGS has CCI SV for $5.95/50 and $59.50/500. A little steep for me. Always looking for Mini Mag RN.

Target USA has CCI Mini Mag 40 gr RN for $10 per 100, 5 box maximum ...

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-89...n-plated-lead-round-nose-ammunition-0030.aspx

I didn't see this deal on a Gunbot, which may be why it hasn't sold out yet.

Their shipping fee to MD is about $13. If ordering a limited quantity item them, I always get other ammo that I want to stock up on to spread out this cost (and don't see the shipping rate jumping up much with ammo orders up to $200). They're one of the fastest in processing and sending ammo. Usually receive ammo within 3-4 days of ordering.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ...

I am trending below 1000 at this point after taking the boy to AGC yesterday.

Once he found out how the sights worked, and the orange dot started getting lots of holes in it, the ammo flowed a bit quicker.

4000 round order from Midway is still pending, and has NOT been cancelled yet. It will be 8 months in July......

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Well, that's too bad for him. If he doesn't have any because he's young and couldn't buy it before, then I feel for him, but if he's old enough to remember when it was less than 5 cents a round (or for me more like 1.5-2 cents a round and just didn't stock up when it was plentiful, then though crap. Like many other members, I have been buying it steadily for 20+ years. I haven't bought a single round of 22LR in three years - in fact to the contrary, I've sold more than 20K in the last two years and have given away a few K as well to those who NEED it, not to the ones who are reselling it or just plain can't plan ahead. I know someone that has 500K+ rounds of 22LR and all of it was purchased more than 5 years ago. You think the folks that saw this coming are the bad guys in all of this??

The key for some of us is to find the ammo that is currently undervalued in the market and buy a ton of it knowing that it will go up.

Does anybody else see a parallel between this post and the "What do I care if you can't buy an AR, I got mine," attitude people love bashing "Fudds" over?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Does anybody else see a parallel between this post and the "What do I care if you can't buy an AR, I got mine," attitude people love bashing "Fudds" over?

Just my ever-so-genteel, oh-so-humble opinion........

IGMs and Hoarders are not necessarily one and the same.

But... their Venn Diagram looks a helluva lot more like a beach ball than a toothpick.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I bought 5K just before the craziness. I have shot quite a bit but have also tried to replenish about 50% of what i shot when i find a good deal

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When I was a kid, shooting a lever action .22LR, I'd go out on the mountain with what I had in the gun, and maybe a full box of 50 rounds. Back then, that made for a full day of fun.

In recent years, I'll easily throw in a box of 500 and if I'm showing a new shooter, testing a new gun, or just having fun - I can easily finish a brick of 500 in a single outing.

So, I'm not afraid to say, several years ago, I bought a case of 5K .22LR rounds. For the poll, I selected the max number of .22LR I've ever owned at one time, at something greater than 5K, because I already had a few bricks. Since that time I've shot hundreds to thousands of 22; and as ammo prices went up, I didn't buy any more. I suspect I probably still have a few bricks left, but try to not shoot much any caliber until prices completely return to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom