• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So honestly, your story sounds like a lot like the prelude to Sandy Hook.

Are you getting rid of your guns? That sounds like the responsible thing to do. If he's so dangerous and so angry that you have to lock yourself in what sounds like a panic room, it is irresponsible to keep firearms in the home in my opinion. Remember that the Sandy Hook shooter overpowered his mother, and got her guns, that she kept locked up too. If your son is as angry and dangerous as you make it sound, that you should be exploring an adjudication of mental illness with the doctors, and perhaps some inpatient therapy.

Bragging about how many guns you own and then in the same paragraph that your son is so dangerous you have to lock up your kitchen knives and you have a secure door between your part of the house and his part is, to be blunt, one of the most irresponsible things I've read in a long time.

Now, from a broader perspective, you have touched on a very hot button issue. What to do with people who you have a suspicion are dangerous but can't prove it. Yes, it would be great to be able to call up and say "I think John Brown is dangerous" and the police raid his house, and it turns out he was planning something. But what happens when Sandy P. Gungrabber decides that she doesn't think anyone should have guns and starts abusing that process? She starts calling in people for being dangerous. Police start raiding homes of people who are law-abiding citizens, who have no inclination to violence, people get put on lists, lose their rights, all because of someone's personal vendetta against guns. That's the problem. Look up swatting of open carry people if you don't believe people do this.

I don't believe that the best answer we can come up with is "The price of freedom is dead children" but when you start doing things like that, it's ripe for abuse. You may come to it with the best of intentions, but others won't. It's the old expression "Can't have nice things."

I get flammed for this by some, but I continue to call on pro-2A people to shape the conversation about how we can address mental health issues to prevent violence while respecting people's due process rights. We should be leading the conversation, not just saying "Freedom is messy, oh well" because if we don't lead it, the people who will lead it won't give a crap about due process.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    "WE DONT NEED ANYMORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS GUN CONTROL"

You are correct. We have stupid worthless gun control laws as they have been proven. But right now, as before and time again, the guns are being blamed not the wacko

I am truly sorry for your situation, but don't blame and punish others.

You know the situation you need to take control. Spouting on aboard gets nothing done in your life where you have acknowledged a problem.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not in the water cooler.

A story with oodles of guns and a gun nut and an angry child and mental health issues and kitchen knives and locked rooms for safety of the family.

It's grabagun and grabaclipazine season in Annapolis.

What could possibly go wrong.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    So honestly, your story sounds like a lot like the prelude to Sandy Hook.

Are you getting rid of your guns? That sounds like the responsible thing to do. If he's so dangerous and so angry that you have to lock yourself in what sounds like a panic room, it is irresponsible to keep firearms in the home in my opinion. Remember that the Sandy Hook shooter overpowered his mother, and got her guns, that she kept locked up too. If your son is as angry and dangerous as you make it sound, that you should be exploring an adjudication of mental illness with the doctors, and perhaps some inpatient therapy.

Bragging about how many guns you own and then in the same paragraph that your son is so dangerous you have to lock up your kitchen knives and you have a secure door between your part of the house and his part is, to be blunt, one of the most irresponsible things I've read in a long time.

Now, from a broader perspective, you have touched on a very hot button issue. What to do with people who you have a suspicion are dangerous but can't prove it. Yes, it would be great to be able to call up and say "I think John Brown is dangerous" and the police raid his house, and it turns out he was planning something. But what happens when Sandy P. Gungrabber decides that she doesn't think anyone should have guns and starts abusing that process? She starts calling in people for being dangerous. Police start raiding homes of people who are law-abiding citizens, who have no inclination to violence, people get put on lists, lose their rights, all because of someone's personal vendetta against guns. That's the problem. Look up swatting of open carry people if you don't believe people do this.

I don't believe that the best answer we can come up with is "The price of freedom is dead children" but when you start doing things like that, it's ripe for abuse. You may come to it with the best of intentions, but others won't. It's the old expression "Can't have nice things."

I get flammed for this by some, but I continue to call on pro-2A people to shape the conversation about how we can address mental health issues to prevent violence while respecting people's due process rights. We should be leading the conversation, not just saying "Freedom is messy, oh well" because if we don't lead it, the people who will lead it won't give a crap about due process.
    This right here is the most important message for all of the 2A community to discuss, coalesce around, and act upon. If there is a vacuum of leadership, someone will step into it, and right now, it is the anti community. Our just saying "NO" doesn't address the problem. Solutions must be offered, otherwise, they'll be offered for us...against us.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Most "meds" do more long term harm than good and many of those that commit mass murders are on them!

Perhaps if you put him in a controlled environment and got him off the meds he would surprise everyone!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This right here is the most important message for all of the 2A community to discuss, coalesce around, and act upon. If there is a vacuum of leadership, someone will step into it, and right now, it is the anti community. Our just saying "NO" doesn't address the problem. Solutions must be offered, otherwise, they'll be offered for us...against us.

Thank you.

Sorry I confused you with the OP.

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?
    I understand your concern. What specifically would you like to see done that you think would help in your son's situation?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I guess I wrote this wrong. I am not looking for pity.

There is no place to send him. He has already been admitted twice, OH on juvenile record will not show. So all he needs to do is check a box saying no and he will get his gun.

Guns have not killed all these people. Wacko's and disturbed people like my son have.

HA HA HA, "Get some help." That is so funny. God dang you live in a fairy tail world to think you can follow the yellow brick road to a place that supports tax payers with their needs.

All committments get reported to DHMH and are reportable to MSP in the 77r process. We've had members here denied for juvenile stays.

If you want to keep people from getting help, start taking their gun rights away for seeking treatment. All you'll end up with is a lot of people who need help and still own guns and are capable of getting more (as well as able to get cars, knives, gasoline, etc.) The key is helping the mentally ill get better. Not innefective and easily defeated bureaucratic feel good solutions.

I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?

You are in a very dangerous situation. You need to either get rid of your guns or get rid of your son.
    The situation you describe mirrors that of many other mass shooters, yet you still have a bunch of firearms in your house? It sounds very irresponsible to me.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wrong. This is terrible advice.

Agree.

It is true that people are over medicated, but that doesn't mean every person who is on medication doesn't need to be. Some people need it, and stopping it can actually do more harm than good.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You are in a very dangerous situation. You need to either get rid of your guns or get rid of your son.
    The situation you describe mirrors that of many other mass shooters, yet you still have a bunch of firearms in your house? It sounds very irresponsible to me.

Adam Lanza's mother could not be reached for comment.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo

Agreed. Based on OP's own admissions, it's almost to the point where people might wonder whether the audience has a duty to report his situation to the authorities for a serious investigation.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Agreed. Based on OP's own admissions, it's almost to the point where people might wonder whether the audience has a duty to report his situation to the authorities for a serious investigation.

1: A troll post.

2: A genuine and desperate call for help.

3: A story to get the officials to get the Mods to give up an MDS member's computer information.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    "WE DONT NEED ANYMORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS GUN CONTROL"

You are correct. We have stupid worthless gun control laws as they have been proven. But right now, as before and time again, the guns are being blamed not the wacko

as I have stated many times before, the mentally ill should be permanently institutionalized not only to protect us but to protect themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom