• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I don't know why - but I have this idea in my head that I need a real Colt AR. My other AR's are Frankenstein builds plus a Remington (which I guess is bride of Frankenstein). What is a reason NOT to get a Colt AR6721?

Umm, nope. Can't think of one either. Go git it. ;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I don't know why - but I have this idea in my head that I need a real Colt AR. My other AR's are Frankenstein builds plus a Remington (which I guess is bride of Frankenstein). What is a reason NOT to get a Colt AR6721?

Owning an AR should be mandatory, for all red blooded American. Obviously only apples to the responsible, law abiding citizen.

What was it that Jesus said? Something like if all you had was the clothes on your back, better to trade your jacket for an AR; or something like that. Cloak/sword tomatoe/potato. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, for Devil'sAdvocate:

You only have $670 , then buy Windham .

You have over ridding need for capability to shoot .5moa - Go to Engage or Precision ( it will cost a lot more than 6721 ).

You have a burning desire for somthing visually reminiscent of XM177. - get somthing with 11.5bbl and pinned 5.5 flashider.

You really, really want to build one yourself from a stripped lower for the personal satisfaction.

You really wanted either a .300, or a dedicated 9mm .

You've studied the physics and geometry, and you strongly feel a 16in bbl needs a mid length gas system .

Bottom line - If you want a normal 16in carbine, and you have $800-ish and still able to put food on the table, buy the 6721 .

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    How much is a 6721 worth parted out? Worst case OP decides it sucks and he sells the parts for probably more than he paid for the rifle. In Maryland a 6721 upper would probably sell for $600-$700 since it's HBAR.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What was it that Jesus said? Something like if all you had was the clothes on your back, better to trade your jacket for an AR; or something like that. Cloak/sword tomatoe/potato. :D

Luke 22:36

"And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy an AR15"

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Think of it as banking money, not spending. Because it will never lose much value. :)

I have several 6721s brand new in the box and buy them whenever I find them on sale for this very reason. Also, if Colt ever stops making them they will be gold in Maryland.

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    Can anyone help me understand what makes the Colt worth ~230 more than the Windham? If this has already been discussed, a link would be most appreciated.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Can anyone help me understand what makes the Colt worth ~230 more than the Windham? If this has already been discussed, a link would be most appreciated.

Because there's a horse on the Colt and not the Windham :innocent0

Actually, have you seen The List? I don't know if it has been updated recently.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. Colt has a known level of quality.

2. Colt has name recognition, and holds value.

My traditional rule of thumb is the dancing pony, on either an AR or 1911 , is worth about $200 . In the current example, $230 is one the upper edge of that thumb, but in light of the price still being reasonable in the absolute sense, the responders in this thread feel it is still a *buy* .

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

Absolutely nothing! Paying more just because of the Colt logo or just to be one of the "cool" kids simply doesn't cut it for me. I'm not buying the "Colt Cool-aid".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom