• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdman

Aug 21, 2007
    denver
    1. you have to be 21 to obtain your C&R liscence correct?

2. If I want to buy something like a CZ 52, do I have to wait the 7 days and am I limited to one per month?

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I dont remember the age deal but if the gun is C&R there is no waiting period and no limit

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    1. you have to be 21 to obtain your C&R liscence correct?

2. If I want to buy something like a CZ 52, do I have to wait the 7 days and am I limited to one per month?

1. Yes, 21.

2. No, order it and it's shipped directly to your door. No monthly limit or waiting period.

There are 2 caviots to this.

1. Some places will not ship pistols to MD because they don't feel like trying to keep up with the laws. AIM surplus will ship any C&R firearm to MD, no problems.

2. You can get as many C&R firearms (long guns or pistols) as you wish, or as a MSP says, as much as your bank account will allow. However, it doesn't hurt to get your MD Collectors Status so that you can buy as many "Regulated" firearms as you want as well, though you still have to wait the 7 days for those. :-D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If purchased within the state from a non-dealer or a dealer, all regulated by Maryland firearms must go the seven day wait and have the regulated firearms application filled out.

Any C&R handgun purchased using the C&R FFL out of state is not an in state purchase and not subject to the MD regulation.
    There has been questions asked about C&R handguns bought from outside the state that are shipped to the 03 FFL's address on the license and if it is subject to the MD transfer regulations and not only has the State Police said it is not and the general practice among 03 FFL licensees in MD has been to recieve C&R handguns fro outside distributors or even for private out of state sources shipped to MD, but there has also ben the now famous letter from the AGs office:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom