• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reiflame

Feb 27, 2007
    Oh no you guys, don't be playing crazy, the Teflon Leprechaun* might be watching!

FINALLY! A nickname that is amusing and not something that a 4th grader would make up at the playground.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    FINALLY! A nickname that is amusing and not something that a 4th grader would make up at the playground.

<lol> I'm surprised you've never heard that before.....a member actually recognized me in a gun shop while we were shooting the shit after I used that nickname....

Its used pretty frequently on this forum...do a search for it.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

<lol>

freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/1876390/posts

Actually Giuliani did a lot of things; some good things and some not so good things.

As a prosecutor in 1983, he successfully prosecuted Marc Rich and Pincus Green (later to be pardoned by former POTUS and Democratic Saint - Bill Clinton) on charges of tax evasion and making illegal oil deals with Iran during the hostage crisis, one of the first times the RICO Act was used to go after criminals not in the Mafia. He also prosecuted Ivan Boesky and Michael Milken under the RICO Act. Some might say RICO didn’t apply but these guys were gangsters and criminals without all the pasta and “gravy” and fancy mob names like “Fat Tony”.

And speaking of “Fat Tony” and the Mafia, as Giuliani indicted many organized crime figures, including the heads of New York's so-called "Five Families" and that takes some big “kahuna's” in my book.

When Giuliani took office as NYC Mayor in 1993, the city was left a mess by Democrat “General Dinkins’” failed leadership and mismanagement – it was a pig sty, an open air drug market and Times Square an open air sex market.

Giuliani instituted was has become to be known as “Zero Tolerance” law enforcement. More than just going after “squeegee men” who had become very aggressive shakedown artists- “I’m goina smear your windshield with dirty water whether you want me to or not and you’re goina give me money, else I’m goina smash your windshield or worse”, the policy was based on the belief that going after even the most petty criminals improves the overall quality of life for honest citizens and sends a message to all criminals – “you commit a crime – no matter how small, you're going to be picked up” and his crime enforcement policy worked and the crime rate did go down and most law abiding New Yorkers agreed that quality of life in the city noticeably improved and new family friendly businesses moved into Times Square. Is NYC a paradise – no, but did it improve under Giuliani? – my family and friends who lived there during that time say yes!

This approach to crime fighting has been applauded by many in law enforcement and has been successfully used in many cities. Baltimore tried it, but the then Democrat mayor, now Governor (ack!), the “Teflon Leprechaun”, “Pinocchi-O’Malley” backed down under pressure from the NAACP and other race baiters. Baltimore now has the highest murder rate in the country, second only to Detroit. As of this week there were 189 murders on the streets of Baltimore and many violent near death muggings, open air drug markets, buildings are crumbling and garbage rolls down the streets. I have to say, I wouldn’t mind someone like Giuliani as mayor of Baltimore right now.

And I have to say that Giuliani showed some real leadership skills during 9/11.

On the down side (and there are many downsides) he’s a gun grabber, pro-illegal immigration and he’s a megalomaniac, although most strong and successful leaders are.

His personal life, with respect to extra marital activities is less than stellar to say the least but I don’t think he was “getting a Monica” ala a your hero “Clinton” while the Trade Towers were falling. His second wife, Donna Hanover impresses me as a scheming self serving “biotch” and I can almost understand why he dumped her. At least he left her and filed for divorce rather than keeping up pretenses for political purposes while continuing his affair(s), again like your friend Bill.

While I’d like to hold our leaders to a very high moral standard, the reality is that no one is absolutely perfect. Even GW has a rather dubious past with alcohol and alleged drug abuse and other members of his family and even his daughters have gotten into trouble. What matters more to me than someone’s past, is how they live today and how they hold themselves accountable.

But Rudy is no real Conservative and for your FYI (since you’re new), what we around here call a “RINO”. He supports same sex marriage and is “soft” on abortion – the old cop out, “While I’m personally against it, I don’t object to a woman’s right to choose” stance.

Is Giuliani my guy? No! If it came down to Giuliani-Hillary or Giuliani-Obama – which I think is highly unlikely, I’d probably hold my nose and vote for Rudy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom