• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    You are a statist. I can't figure out how anyone who values freedom can think this is a good thing. If you don't have the evidence to lock the person up, you don't have the evidence to suspend their civil rights.

I also can't figure out how any rational person thinks this will deter a person who is homicidal. You arrest the guns and leave the weapon free to kill.

You have a way with words.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'll just leave this here....

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
      untitled.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 276

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    AAPD using the “I’m a gun guy but” line is rich. I’d respect him more if he was actually honest and said “I know I’m supposed to uphold the constitution but as long as me and mine have our guns and paychecks I couldn’t give a crap about you or your rights”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It would be nice to see the laws apply the same to everyone, whoops, sometimes it’s bad ju ju to say that here. And I hope I’m in the right thread.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It would be nice to see the laws apply the same to everyone, whoops, sometimes it’s bad ju ju to say that here. And I hope I’m in the right thread.

I heard that in NYC you retire from NYPD and you lose your gun(s) and have to apply for a license just like a citizen. This is something recent. I guess too many retirees were eating a bullet. Bad situation all around.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    This is pretty unsettling, Maryland's red flag law is pretty far-reaching. All it takes is an accusation/feeling reported and an ERPO can be issued to confiscate all your firearms. I think this law is going to stick around for many years if not decades to come.

The state and MSP have basically built an entire apparatus and task force dedicated to ERPO ops on a mass scale. Innocent until proven guilty has been thrown out the window.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Are there any Red Flagged persons with standing to challenge regarding due process issues?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The state and MSP have basically built an entire apparatus and task force dedicated to ERPO ops on a mass scale. Innocent until proven guilty has been thrown out the window.

What unit has MSP built as an entire apparatus and task force dedicated to ERPO ops on a mass scale as you put it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is pretty unsettling, Maryland's red flag law is pretty far-reaching. All it takes is an accusation/feeling reported and an ERPO can be issued to confiscate all your firearms. I think this law is going to stick around for many years if not decades to come.

An ERPO MSP task force? Nonsense.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    An ERPO MSP task force? Nonsense.

Its not specifically called the ERPO MSP task force. However, there are officers and units being given specialized training to carry out ERPOs.

Especially after the fatal shooting of the home owner in Ferndale a few months ago. That event brought negative publicity to the red flag law in MD. So they have been training select officers and units to specialize in these ops so they are carried out more effectively. This law is here to stay for a long time. Most of these people are ex-military and combat vets.

I trust my source. I don't need some online article to validate this information for me. You can choose to be gullible and not believe, perfectly fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom