• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Choose one. Weed or Guns. Can't have both under Federal Law.

Sounds like weed is more important for some. I care not. Weed won't help you defend yourself.

Heyyyy Mannnn
    NOU7_424164_large.jpg

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I actually feel bad for those in serious need of this product. Does a MM card include cannabis oil or just smokable plant? Would a MM card permanently prohibit you or just while issued the card? Take for instance cancer patients. If the treatment and disease is over/in remission and you turn in the card, are you still prohibited? While I am not a supporter of the recreational use of it, I acknowledge it does have uses and benefits. One can be prescribed oxy or any other type of addictive drug and maintain your gun rights. I understand the whole federal/state legal issues, but this has become a way for the left to attack our rights. Deep down inside, you have to wonder if the left knew this and got behind weed as strong as they have, in part, because of this angle to confiscation.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I actually feel bad for those in serious need of this product. Does a MM card include cannabis oil or just smokable plant? Would a MM card permanently prohibit you or just while issued the card? Take for instance cancer patients. If the treatment and disease is over/in remission and you turn in the card, are you still prohibited? While I am not a supporter of the recreational use of it, I acknowledge it does have uses and benefits. One can be prescribed oxy or any other type of addictive drug and maintain your gun rights. I understand the whole federal/state legal issues, but this has become a way for the left to attack our rights. Deep down inside, you have to wonder if the left knew this and got behind weed as strong as they have, in part, because of this angle to confiscation.

And that is the other 900# elephant in the corner. They will probably treat it like G&S, where they know it when they see it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

No. The left believes weed should be legal and they don’t care about gun rights at all. There is a big difference between weed and opiates. THC changes your perception significantly more than oxycodone. In higher doses, it is hallucinogenic. Want to make an argument for CBD oil? It’s already totally unrestricted. You can buy it on Amazon. Yes, it is good for pain. Why? It distorts perception. I’m not a fan of “medical marijuana” so much. I can see the utility in some cases. Want it legal? Make it legal. Don’t put a doctor in the middle.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    No. The left believes weed should be legal and they don’t care about gun rights at all. There is a big difference between weed and opiates. THC changes your perception significantly more than oxycodone. In higher doses, it is hallucinogenic. Want to make an argument for CBD oil? It’s already totally unrestricted. You can buy it on Amazon. Yes, it is good for pain. Why? It distorts perception. I’m not a fan of “medical marijuana” so much. I can see the utility in some cases. Want it legal? Make it legal. Don’t put a doctor in the middle.

I agree, but what I am referring to is the crime aspect and secondary market. Opiates are sold all the time on the street as will weed. Will the oil be distributed via the mm card? If insurance doesn't cover it, how can a run of the mill PCP prescribe it? Is it FDA regulated or is it under the regulation of another agency? I still don't understand why there has to be specific marijuana dispensaries instead of using existing pharmacies.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I still don't understand why there has to be specific marijuana dispensaries instead of using existing pharmacies.

Wasn't there just a case in MD where some delegate who sponsored the medical marijuana bill was tied to one of the dispensaries? Follow the money, that'll explain everything.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Wasn't there just a case in MD where some delegate who sponsored the medical marijuana bill was tied to one of the dispensaries? Follow the money, that'll explain everything.

There are a TON of MD politicians who have received money from cannabis proponents and business owners.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    There are a TON of MD politicians who have received money from cannabis proponents and business owners.

This, & securing votes from the pot smoking liberal utes, are the only reasons it was legalized.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There are legitimate medical uses for a number of drugs which are currently outlawed.

Battered Doctor Syndrome also exists, where DEA goes after MDs, mostly the ones who treat chronic pain, to the extent that they deny treatment to suffering patients for fear of losing their licenses.

It's too bad that the trend in politics is to demonise treatments that could be helpful. Not enough suffering politicians, I suppose. Wait until they get cancer, or watch their parents or children die screaming, and they may alter their outlook.

Between the insurance companies and the government both practicing medicine, they leave little enough room for actual trained physicians to do their jobs.

Saving people from themselves; how very Progressive we've become.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

The amount of allowed dispensaries are tied to state delegates....they didn't attempt to hide it being all political.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There are some Democrats who own guns for self defense in the home and who also may have an ailment that MM can help. This should be fun to watch when they find out that they are now prohibited.

Or how about the grandmother in Baltimore City who legally owns a gun to defend herself and also needs the MM. She's a law abiding person and now must make the choice between being able to treat what ails her or the ability to defend herself in possibly the worst neighborhood in North America.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Choose one. Weed or Guns. Can't have both under Federal Law.

Sounds like weed is more important for some. I care not. Weed won't help you defend yourself.

I disagree. If you are being chased by a thug (just like being chased by a bear) and drop a big bag of weed (or donuts for a bear), he'll most likely terminate the chase to grab the bag of goodies. ;)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I disagree. If you are being chased by a thug (just like being chased by a bear) and drop a big bag of weed (or donuts for a bear), he'll most likely terminate the chase to grab the bag of goodies. ;)

Or a hippy if one of those happens to be chasing you

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The grapevine rumblings I've been hearing where the places to get this stuff in Harford is getting louder and louder as each week goes by.

Cyndi59

I thought to chime in..Would someone being permitted to smoke weed be a reason to be denied to be able to either openly or conceal carry..??I think others here have applied and it states drug use on the application..just wondering..

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I thought to chime in..Would someone being permitted to smoke weed be a reason to be denied to be able to either openly or conceal carry..??I think others here have applied and it states drug use on the application..just wondering..

Short answer is yes. Prohibited. No can carry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom