• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Agreed 60 for a pair of gerber pruning shears, almost want to go and see if anything sold

The crkt 7" tanto for $50 seemed good if you wanted one. There are probably some deals there. There are a ton of things. They couldn't have been able to research everything.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Estate sale today and tomorrow - guns knives ammo camping military decoys etc 500+ pictures: http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/MD/Dundalk/21222/785835

Prices look high to me

Mike I owe you!

I went there this morning cause i seen the Danish Madsen and i also seen the Madsen Bayonet on the table. With High hopes i went there to see how much and was also looking to purchase the cutco knives. The knives were long gone but the Madsen was there, As was the bayonet. Now most ppl would turn their nose up at a 500.00+ Bolt action rifle that they dont know about. I on the other hand Know that a madsen in good shape will fetch that and CAN fetch more. A Bayonet to go with the rifle is worth about 100.00.. However!!!! I Challenge you guys to find 2 people with a bayonet that Matches their rifle!! Here it is, next to my other Madsen, that i have already discussed re-homing to a good friend for what i paid for the new one and bayo.

Attachments

• IMG_9808.JPG
      IMG_9808.JPG
      101.8 KB · Views: 519
    • IMG_9809.JPG
      IMG_9809.JPG
      62 KB · Views: 523
    • IMG_9804.JPG
      IMG_9804.JPG
      120.5 KB · Views: 523

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    I also went to that sale and picked up some cleaning supplies, ammo cans, and other stuff I was looking for. I put in a bid for the Mossy 46. I would have bought it for asking, but it was missing the bolt.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I also went to that sale and picked up some cleaning supplies, ammo cans, and other stuff I was looking for. I put in a bid for the Mossy 46. I would have bought it for asking, but it was missing the bolt.

Yup, i didnt buy it cause of that and the left side was all scratched up. , it was still worth the 100 cause of the sight though. but i have a super nice one already.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Wow, those are nice. Apparently you're a junkie for more than old cages...

They are both about mint. The one without the disc that is going to my buddy is a little nicer than the one im gonna keep, But it doesnt have a matching bayonet. Not to mention if he ever wanted to sell it, I have a buy back clause in there ;)

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Estate sale today and tomorrow - guns knives ammo camping military decoys etc 500+ pictures: http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/MD/Dundalk/21222/785835

Prices look high to me

I went there Saturday morning with a buddy, arriving at about 8:30. It seemed like the company they brought in to do the event marked most things at "top of the internet" prices. I wasn't interested in any of the guns, but I picked up a couple of magazines, one for a Ruger Mk II and one for an M1 Carbine. They were willing to haggle on them.

My buddy put in a low offer on the SMLE, but when he contacted them last night they said he wasn't selected. We weren't sure whether that meant someone else had bid higher or just that they weren't accepting his bid.

In the kitchen things seemed to be priced more reasonably. I picked up a neat set of 4 miniature pewter mugs for a buck each, and a almost brand new bamboo cheese cutting board for another buck.

JoeR

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Mike I owe you!

I went there this morning cause i seen the Danish Madsen and i also seen the Madsen Bayonet on the table. With High hopes i went there to see how much and was also looking to purchase the cutco knives.

Cool. Glad you got some stuff! How were the prices on the little things like shooting accessories?

I wished I could have made it but have had too much going on with my Grandson this past week. Were there a lot of knives left when you were there? The more I thought about it I was liking the fixed crkt 7" tanto.
    Was there any ammo left? Curious what the prices were.
    I went there Saturday morning with a buddy, arriving at about 8:30. It seemed like the company they brought in to do the event marked most things at "top of the internet" prices. I wasn't interested in any of the guns, but I picked up a couple of magazines, one for a Ruger Mk II and one for an M1 Carbine. They were willing to haggle on them.

My buddy put in a low offer on the SMLE, but when he contacted them last night they said he wasn't selected. We weren't sure whether that meant someone else had bid higher or just that they weren't accepting his bid.

In the kitchen things seemed to be priced more reasonably. I picked up a neat set of 4 miniature pewter mugs for a buck each, and a almost brand new bamboo cheese cutting board for another buck.

JoeR

Yeah top of the internet pricing is what I felt as well. It seems like they would sell a Ton more if prices were $20-25% under "used retail" pricing. I wonder if the estate/owner has any input on pricing with these estate sale companies. It feels like once they use the word "collection" they think people will pay more than something is worth.

The best estate sales are still those run by relatives. Especially when they are in get rid of it mode. Some auction companies will deal often if you are buying several items.

I think the worst sale I went to recently was a huge old house in Annapolis. The guy was selling his own stuff he accumulated over time. I think he may have had an antique shop or been a collector.
    He was still living there and it looked like a hoarders house. Some areas looked like someone had been living there and just vanished one day. Everything was for sale, no prices marked but I heard from others he was pricing stuff as if he wanted to hold on to it.
    I found a sickle head and the handle it had rotted off laying under a pile of trash on the porch and thought I would pay $10 for it (had seen a hand held on for $5 at another sale) and he said he couldn't take less than $50 because it was an antique. Whatever...

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    I picked up an ammo can, some ammo pouches, and the cleaning supplies (shotgun rod kit, a box of 3000 patches, & some spray) for $10. There was some good deals on stuff Sunday. The decoys were $15-35 on Sunday. The people running the sale said the daughter was selling the guns & knives on here own and had most of the stuff appraised by a professional. They told me the original owner had over 100 guns and those were the only guns left. The people running that sale are very nice people that are usually priced to sell, but their hands were tied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom