• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I really think this bill is a step towards a bill next year for either having mandatory background checks or showing your "handgun purchase permit" (IF that abomination of a bill passes) for ammunition purchases, like they've tried in California, New Jersey and a few other places.

Last edited:

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Hi,

Can someone please tell me what AGC rep means?

Thanks,

Can someone please give me the source or article for the gentleman that was visited and had his home searched by the state police because he purchased ammo for a firearm he did not have registered in MD? AGC rep brought this up Tuesday during the house judiciary hearings.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Montoya, I hope you can add this to your argument if you are speaking to someone in Annapolis about the ammo log... Scary $hit.

Unfortunately I cannot afford the 100 mile round-trip day plus tolls and skipping work for a 4th time in one week. I really wish I could be there tomorrow. As far as I know, tomorrow they will be meeting on the ammo tax, death penalty and some other things.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Unfortunately I cannot afford the 100 mile round-trip day plus tolls and skipping work for a 4th time in one week. I really wish I could be there tomorrow. As far as I know, tomorrow they will be meeting on the ammo tax, death penalty and some other things.

Did someone think the ammo log was only a problem at Walmart?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    This story occurred years ago when WalMart kept a log book of ammo purchases. They no longer keep such a log. Sen. Frosh now wants it to me mandatory.

Which bill was that? I mustve missed it. Did it pass the Senate yet? What about online sales?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    From my knowledge, most if not all WalMarts in MD were keeping the logs. Other stores may have been doing it too, but I am not aware.

Yep, I was carded by the one Wal-Mart near me. It was a manual log (they hand-wrote down DL # and type of ammo purchased). This was an MSP initiative, they have since stopped requesting that stores do it.

I could have sworn I read about at least two individuals who had visits by MSP due to logs but can't find the other thread.

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    I remember reading that article about a year ago. I've been to Fred's about once. Stay away from anywhere that will keep an ammo log when not required by law. Its borderline anti 2a.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I really think this bill is a step towards a bill next year for either having mandatory background checks or showing your "handgun purchase permit" (IF that abomination of a bill passes) for ammunition purchases, like they've tried in California, New Jersey and a few other places.

Will my permit be valid in Pa.?;)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Can someone please give me the source or article for the gentleman that was visited and had his home searched by the state police because he purchased ammo for a firearm he did not have registered in MD? AGC rep brought this up Tuesday during the house judiciary hearings.

This is from an incident that happened to a good friend of mine, he is a member here (Screen Name Gatekeeper) but dosen't check in daily. I will let him know about this thread so you can get the story directly from him.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is from an incident that happened to a good friend of mine, he is a member here but dosen't check in daily. I will let him know about this thread so you can get the story directly from him.

So more than one person has had this happen?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    So more than one person has had this happen?

I only have direct knowledge of this happening to one person in La Plata. He testified on Feb 8 on the panel with John Jocelyn from AGC and Ricardo Royal.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I only have direct knowledge of this happening to one person in La Plata. He testified on Feb 8 on the panel with John Jocelyn from AGC and Ricardo Royal.

Oh, didn't realize he was a member. Hope he is enjoying TX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom