How Would a Reciprosity Law Affect Marylanders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As was pointed out, most of us were here long before the uber libs showed up. While Mo CO is among the worst, it wasn't that bad 40-50 years go.

Yeah I could move, but as also pointed out, liberal ideology and thinking seem to spread like cancer.

Who would have guessed NOVA would turn out to be as bad as Mo Co.?

Feb 28, 2013
    What could I have possibly have said to give you that idea? The neighbors on all sides moved in after we did. They chose to live next to us. Besides, I hate to admit this, but my wife hates guns, too. She says when I die she's going to call the police and say, "Come get 'em!" But I'm going to leave them to others in my will -- some of them her relatives!

Liberalism is an insidious thing. Completely hypocritical in nature. The folks in Los Angeles and New York believe only they should be able to vote. That's why they'd love to see the Electoral process done away with. To them, America is all about majority rules. It has nothing to do with the rights of the minority being protected. Rosie O'Donnel said no one in our day and age needs guns. Yeah, only those who live between L.A. and New York. Only those who live and work on ranches and who hike and camp in the national parks. But in her world those people don't exist.
    Yeah, nobody ‘cept them on that fat pig’s security detail. :rolleyes:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    As was pointed out, most of us were here long before the uber libs showed up. While Mo CO is among the worst, it wasn't that bad 40-50 years go.

Yeah I could move, but as also pointed out, liberal ideology and thinking seem to spread like cancer.

Who would have guessed NOVA would turn out to be as bad as Mo Co.?

Like it or not, Virginia is going to be the same as Maryland politically within the next 10 years. Look at Oregon and Colorado.

Feb 28, 2013
    Like it or not, Virginia is going to be the same as Maryland politically within the next 10 years. Look at Oregon and Colorado.

All them gooberment employees...

Shrinkin’ the gooberment back down to where the founders intended???

Oh no, we ain’t havin’ that. That’d be bitin’ the hand that gives me a nice fat pension at everybody else’s expense. :rolleyes:

Another moot point..Even if it passes the senate (it won't) Blue state AGs will file suit the same day and the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional...They have already relegated our 2A "rights" to state approve privileges and that's that isn't going to change...

The 2nd amendment is dead...You are now at the mercy of the state you live in...Now that the assault weapon ban has been given legs look for all magazine fed semis to be completely banned within 2 years...That's almost a guarantee...the only real question is will they grandfather those who already own or will they demand we turn them in...

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    All them gooberment employees...

Shrinkin’ the gooberment back down to where the founders intended???

Oh no, we ain’t havin’ that. That’d be bitin’ the hand that gives me a nice fat pension at everybody else’s expense. :rolleyes:

Not everyone who works in or around DC is a government employee. I don’t know if you are aware but there are contractors and lobbyists too. Considering the US federal government spends more than any other government in the world, it only makes sense that people would flock to the source of the funding to get some.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Another moot point..Even if it passes the senate (it won't) Blue state AGs will file suit the same day and the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional...They have already relegated our 2A "rights" to state approve privileges and that's that isn't going to change...

The 2nd amendment is dead...You are now at the mercy of the state you live in...Now that the assault weapon ban has been given legs look for all magazine fed semis to be completely banned within 2 years...That's almost a guarantee...the only real question is will they grandfather those who already own or will they demand we turn them in...

Wait, it's New Years not April Fools. Sure some STATES have encroached onto our 2A rights, but it is clear that the Federal government, as well as our president hasn't given up the fight for our rights.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    It won't affect us in any way, from what I read yesterday McConnell has the bill tabled in the Senate, and Ryan has the SAFE? act for suppressors tabled in the house. Neither bill is going anywhere for a long time.

I see Mr. Positivity has returned.

You mean Mr Reality..the Supreme Court has already relegated our 2nd amendment rights to a state granted privilege. By refusing to hear the challenge to our assault weapons ban (and the ban in other states) they have given our 2nd amendment rights away and reduced them to what ever the state wants you to have..It's sets a precedent..

Now any challenge to any 2A case in SCOTUS can simply be returned to the states...The reciprocity bill will be no different. Frosh and the other blue state AGs will file suit before Trump's ink is even dry..It will go through the courts and eventually make it's way to the SCOTUS where they will say it violates state's rights...

The 2nd amendment is dead in Maryland and other blue states and on life support every where else...If Maryland, New York, Connecticut, California and others can tell you what you can and cannot own you no longer have a right to bear arms..They can take anything they want from you and there is not a damned thing you can do about it unless you are willing to fight for it...I'm not talking about fighting in the courts or at the ballot box...

And for the record I never left...I've been lurking..

I honestly hope I am wrong since I now have a Virginia out of state permit..but only time will tell...

Wait, it's New Years not April Fools. Sure some STATES have encroached onto our 2A rights, but it is clear that the Federal government, as well as our president hasn't given up the fight for our rights.

SCOTUS gets the last word and we know what they did to our challenge..until the make up of the court changes it's unlikely they are going to find in favor of gun owners anywhere..After all...how can they now justify ruling in favor of the 2A when they gave the right to decide who can buy and own what back to the states? The precedent has been set..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    SCOTUS gets the last word and we know what they did to our challenge..until the make up of the court changes it's unlikely they are going to find in favor of gun owners anywhere..After all...how can they now justify ruling in favor of the 2A when they gave the right to decide who can buy and own what back to the states? The precedent has been set..

So the SC did nothing for the gun owners of Washington DC?

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Marylanders hate gun owners.

They hate gun stores.

They really hate gun ranges. Or places to shoot.

If you can, I recommend you keep your guns in Virginia. In fact, if this reciprocity law passes, I'm going to become a legal resident of Virginia and pay it my taxes.

My neighbors all despise guns. They despise Trump. When one neighbor wanted to cut down a tree, the other neighbor came over in tears and demanded to know why we granted access to the tree that was to be cut. We couldn't have prevented it, mind you, but you would have thought someone had run over her cat! She was hysterical, literally in tears! BTW, she's fine on abortion...just don't cut down trees! Our other neighbors witnessed her behavior and waited until she was out of town to cut down their tree!

And worst...they all assume you're a liberal and they never measure their words. It's unthinkable that one would vote Libertarian! If the tree-hugger neighbor ever found out we had a gun in our home, I don't think she could sleep at night. Nor let her kids play in the back yard for that matter.

You must not live in Carroll County.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    After you were arrested, held without bail, then slow walked thru the system to discourage others from following your lead. After about $1,000,000 inlegal fees and years in limbo, yeah, you might win.

Frosh will fight legal carry in MD to his last breath.

I was suggesting a lawsuit prior to being arrested based on the statute itself.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    You mean Mr Reality..the Supreme Court has already relegated our 2nd amendment rights to a state granted privilege. By refusing to hear the challenge to our assault weapons ban (and the ban in other states) they have given our 2nd amendment rights away and reduced them to what ever the state wants you to have..It's sets a precedent..

Now any challenge to any 2A case in SCOTUS can simply be returned to the states...The reciprocity bill will be no different. Frosh and the other blue state AGs will file suit before Trump's ink is even dry..It will go through the courts and eventually make it's way to the SCOTUS where they will say it violates state's rights...

The 2nd amendment is dead in Maryland and other blue states and on life support every where else...If Maryland, New York, Connecticut, California and others can tell you what you can and cannot own you no longer have a right to bear arms..They can take anything they want from you and there is not a damned thing you can do about it unless you are willing to fight for it...I'm not talking about fighting in the courts or at the ballot box...

And for the record I never left...I've been lurking..

I honestly hope I am wrong since I now have a Virginia out of state permit..but only time will tell...

I think the court might be waiting for a clear majority to finally put this issue to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom