• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    That was some real garbage reporting.

He didn't even mention that Bloomberg was heavily criticized by the director of the BATF for jeopardizing investigations and threatened with prosecution by the Virginia AG if his agents tried this again.

I just wrote a letter to the Sun and even called their editor, Paul Moore, to voice my displeasure at the one sided "reporting".

You should all do the same. We shouldn't just sit back and let these reporters ignore and distort important facts

Moore can be reached at 410-332-6364.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Yeah I've worked out a plan; I'm canceling my subscription to the SUN to pay for my taxes.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    That is Maryland for you. Blame the gun not the criminals and living conditions of the city. No we cannot offend and go after them because it is too much work. If we ban the guns they will all go away. Typical mindless liberal rant. BTW doesn't she know only Maryland state government can make the laws regarding firearms. I know where I come from they have tried but were struck down miserably. If she tries to put these laws on the state level I will be in Annapolis fighting this.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    That is Maryland for you. Blame the gun not the criminals and living conditions of the city. No we cannot offend and go after them because it is too much work. If we ban the guns they will all go away. Typical mindless liberal rant. BTW doesn't she know only Maryland state government can make the laws regarding firearms. I know where I come from they have tried but were struck down miserably. If she tries to put these laws on the state level I will be in Annapolis fighting this.

Please stay tuned and come to Annapolis during the Leg Season anyway....we're probably going to see a lot of Bad Bills that we need to oppose and will definately need support for the Good bills

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    Here's an exchange I had by email with the Sun reporter.

My email to him:

"I guess the fact that these investigators themselves broke the law has escaped you. And so has the fact that both the state of Virginia and the BATF have threatened these agents, and Bloomberg, with felony prosecution if they try this again. Apparently you didn't want to mention the fact that Bloomberg, according to the BATF, jeopardized the lives of undercover law enforcement officers with his rogue "stings" . This was pointed out in a letter directly from the director of the BATF to Bloomberg.

If I could find this info, why couldn't you?

I'm forced to come to one of two conclusions about your reporting. You are either a really lousy reporter, or you allowed your bias against guns to keep you from reporting the facts."

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    His Reply

Hi Rick,
    Thanks for reading and for writing in. I know that some people have alleged that the stings were illegal but has any judge ruled that, in fact, they were illegal? Or is that just an allegation made by people who are unhappy with the suit? If they were illegal, then why have the dealers settled so quickly? Seems to me that if the underlying information gathering that prompted the lawsuit was illegal then the gun dealers would have a pretty good case against the city.

I could be wrong. I'm not a lawyer. It'd be nice, by the way, if in the future you could simply ask why certain information that you think is important is not included in an article before assuming that I am either lousy or biased. I'm sure you would appreciate the same courtesy in return. My direct contact information follows if you'd like to discuss this further.

John

John Fritze
    City Hall reporter
    The (Baltimore) Sun
    Desk: 410-332-6019
    Cell: 443-621-0989

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    My response:

"Mr. Fritze;

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time.

I don’t have to ask why you didn’t include these facts. I know why. They were inconvenient for you.

As for the stings being illegal, no, a judge hasn’t ruled that. However, the authorities declined to prosecute any gun dealers stating that they didn’t have evidence that there was a crime committed by the gun dealers. This is because Bloomberg has refused to turn over any evidence to any prosecuting authority.

Your question as to why the gun dealers settled quickly is answered easily. They settled because they are small businesses facing a court battle with the largest city in the world who managed to get a virulently anti gun judge (Weinstein) to hear the case on New York’s turf. It was either settle or be bankrupted by legal fees. What would you do? We all know the court system can be abused by those with unlimited resources to bury those without unlimited resources. It should also be noted that the judge hearing the case (Weinstein) is often overturned on appeal because his rulings on gun cases often have no basis in law. And by the way, the allegations that the stings were illegal were not only made by those unhappy with the suit. Please do some research and you’ll find that the Virginia AG and the director of BATF warned Bloomberg’s agents not to do it again or they would face prosecution. Bloomberg has also faced sharp criticism from the Fraternal Order of Police.

Bloomberg’s actions are nothing more than an elitist’s backdoor attempt at banning guns. He knows he can’t accomplish his goals through the legislative process and he’s more than happy to usurp the will of the people to accomplish his ends.

I think these details were important to the story but you left them unmentioned. I do apologize for using the word lousy. However, I stand by my opinion that your reporting was inadequate or you had an agenda.

Frankly, I see no reason to give quarter to any member of the media who doesn’t report openly and fairly on issues that are important to me."

No response from him to this point but I think his earlier response makes it clear what his position is. (As if the article itself didn't do enough)

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    Why didn't he mention that Bloomberg is under investigation by the ATF?

You should all call him and ask him like I did.

These guys always write this crap and we let them get away with it.

It's time to take them to task for their lies and ommissions.

Call him here:

John Fritze
    City Hall reporter
    The (Baltimore) Sun

or email him at John.Fritze@baltsun.com

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    You should all call him and ask him like I did.

These guys always write this crap and we let them get away with it.

It's time to take them to task for their lies and ommissions.

Call him here:

John Fritze
    City Hall reporter
    The (Baltimore) Sun

or email him at John.Fritze@baltsun.com

I did, he really is a jerk.

I took the friendly approach to see if he was aware of the ATF telling Bloomberg to Cease and Decist? Or that the VA AG had responded to Bloomberg and warned him etc etc.

His response was "Proove it"

My response was that he's the reporter and has an obligation to provide a balanced ACCURATE news story.....he doesn't get it and despite the fact that he denies having an agenda...its clear that he does.

I think its time for a few letters to the editor.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Who wrote the letter that was in one of last weeks papers, about what gun advocates really want? I liked seeing that one. It mentioned carry permits.

How many pro gun letters will the Sun even publish? They seem to really pick and choose and they always get letters from peta about something or another too, and publish them- blehhhh

My parents get the Sun delivered and when we are done reading the crap, we use it for bird cage linings, and I have also used it for wrapping wet furbearers up to get them to dry some. I also use it for packing material by balling it up. Half the crap that is local I shake my head at because it is so absurd, like the daily murder rate counter. I don't watch the news on TV, but I can read the crap in the Sun. I feel the need to stay informed of all the crap. and someone else is paying for it ( parents).

reiflame

Feb 27, 2007
    My parents get the Sun delivered and when we are done reading the crap, we use it for bird cage linings, and I have also used it for wrapping wet furbearers up to get them to dry some.

I used my old Posts for covering my table when cleaning my guns. I thought it was pretty fitting.

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    I did, he really is a jerk.

I took the friendly approach to see if he was aware of the ATF telling Bloomberg to Cease and Decist? Or that the VA AG had responded to Bloomberg and warned him etc etc.

His response was "Proove it"

My response was that he's the reporter and has an obligation to provide a balanced ACCURATE news story.....he doesn't get it and despite the fact that he denies having an agenda...its clear that he does.

I think its time for a few letters to the editor.

I decided to prove it for you. I sent him copies of the DOJ letter telling Bloomberg to knock it off and a copy of the Virginia AG's letter stating the same.

He just sent me a reply saying he's on his way home from dinner and on vacation next week and he'll try to get back to me.

Stay tuned...

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I decided to prove it for you. I sent him copies of the DOJ letter telling Bloomberg to knock it off and a copy of the Virginia AG's letter stating the same.

He just sent me a reply saying he's on his way home from dinner and on vacation next week and he'll try to get back to me.

Stay tuned...

<lol> call him in his cell....he listed it <lol>

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Here's a news flash for you all: the Sun "newspaper" doesn't care if you agree with them. In fact, if you don't agree with them, they don't want you reading their paper, posting on their forums, or giving them your business.

They have the attitude that Baltimore is a democratic stronghold, and anyone who doesn't agree with their leftist agenda should move. I went to school with a guy who worked in their web department, and flat-out, unapologetically told me this.

If you don't agree with them, they don't want to hear from you. If you decide to call them anyway, their policy is to be pricks about it.

reiflame

Feb 27, 2007
    Here's a news flash for you all: the Sun "newspaper" doesn't care if you agree with them. In fact, if you don't agree with them, they don't want you reading their paper, posting on their forums, or giving them your business.

I don't think that's a newsflash to any of us.

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD

They have the attitude that Baltimore is a democratic stronghold, and anyone who doesn't agree with their leftist agenda should move. I went to school with a guy who worked in their web department, and flat-out, unapologetically told me this.

If you don't agree with them, they don't want to hear from you. If you decide to call them anyway, their policy is to be pricks about it.

You're right. No doubt.

But that doesn't mean we should take it easy on them. I'm not trying to change their minds.

I'm trying to be a pain in the arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom