• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SNovaTac

Mar 9, 2011
    Southern MD
    So about a year ago I got the itch to become a handgun owner after shooting a few friend's semi-autos at various ranges. I currently only own shotguns and as much as I enjoy them, I've discovered that handguns are also a lot of fun to shoot. After about a year of delving into the many possibilities of handguns that exist I finally settled on the S&W M&P9L. I love how the M&P9 fits in my hand and I think the 5" barrel model just looks really sharp. I went to my local gun dealer today and attempted to purchase the M&P9L, however he didn't have any in stock and all of his vendors were apparently out of stock as well. He said he would keep trying and call me if he could find one. When I got home I called Smith and Wesson about the M&P9L and they informed me that it had been discontinued, much to my dismay. Anyway, does anyone know of a place that has a M&P9L left in stock? I'd really like to own one. I know the M&P9 Pro is just about the same firearm, but for some reason I'm stuck on the L... Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    Check Gunbroker or Gunsamerica.com You'll have to do the transfer dance, but if it's the gun you want it's worth it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    get the pro. The fiber optic front sight and trigger make it better than the L.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Find the L and I'll sell you the Fiber Optic front site that came on my Pro....Or the Warren Tacticals that fit on both the L and the Pro. :innocent0

The Trigger on both Suck in my opinion so get the L and put the Apex parts in it.

Use your Google Foo:D

SNovaTac

Mar 9, 2011
    Southern MD
    I'm trying to use my google foo... Haha. I was gonna either get the Apex DCAEK kit or take it up to Dan Burwell since I'm up in that area a few times a year. I've heard good things about his work. I realize this is ridiculous but I like how the slide looks on the L better than the Pro. Oh well... We'll see what I can find.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    If you're interested I have a like new set of Warren Tactical Night sights for the L or Pro....3 dot system.

100 bucks american... I paid 140 :sad20:

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Well that's upsetting. I was wanting to get an L to replace my fullsize for competing. I didn't see the point in getting the Pro when I'd swap the things that make it a Pro.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Brennen,

Come shoot the PA steel with us Sunday at Southern Lancaster.....The Bus leaves at around 10.30AM :D

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I bet the L was hurting the sales of the Pro and the Pro was most likely the pet project of some executive.

I guess I'll now have to get another Pro, rather than getting a L an upgrading it.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I bet the L was hurting the sales of the Pro and the Pro was most likely the pet project of some executive.

I guess I'll now have to get another Pro, rather than getting a L an upgrading it.

I'm sure you're right. They probably make more money on the Pro's also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom