• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I have a little bit of insight into the DOD procurement process. The fact that S&Ws entry was dropped from the competition does not allow any conclusions on the merits of their product.

As someone with better than 30+ years of insight into the DoD procurement process I can honestly say this about the above statement....

Sad, but so very true.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I had an early M&P 9 I bought from Bart's Sporting Goods. Some off duty police instructor was working the counter, I wasn't really into handguns at the time and was looking to buy a handgun. He did a great job convincing me it was the latest and greatest so I decided to give it a try. Of all the handguns I've owned it's the only one I've sold and truly regretted buying.

My biggest complaint was the texture of the trigger, I soon discovered it was so abrasive that it hurt my finger after about 50 rounds. I also had an issue where the gun was developing a rusty film on the top of the slide. To S&Ws credit, I sent the slide back and they replaced. If I remember correctly there was some sort of coating or treatment on the slide that accidentally got ferrous flakes into the process and that is what was oxidizing.

Anyway, good riddance. I feel the Walther PPQ is a much nicer firearm and significantly more accurate.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    A Board of Directors is supposed to keep this from happening, but it seems like a lot of them are just in it for the short run as well.

Yep. It's a revolving door in a very exclusive club. Someone did some digging a few years back and found that most execs within one corporation on the Forbes 100 list sit on the board of at least one other (often more than one), and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom