• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Well, now I know how MSP is going to handle the applications that have been submitted for handgun permits.

I just got my application returned in the mail with an form letter stating I did not have a "good and substantial reason" to be issued a permit to wear, carry, or transport a handgun.

If this works, here is a scan of the letter.

http://www.box.com/s/92306766413790660714

Consider keeping your application alive via the administrative appeal process. 5-312

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Consider keeping your application alive via the administrative appeal process. 5-312

I wonder how that will go, since they never really processed the app. I bet they say "we don't have one one file, you can't appeal". That would be great.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I'll call him on the Batphone. :lol2:

Batman has no phone.

images

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I wonder how that will go, since they never really processed the app. I bet they say "we don't have one one file, you can't appeal". That would be great.

Ah, since the MSP went the electronic route for fingerprints, there is now an official record with CJIS.

Isn't technology wonderful?

kjp1231

May 17, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    By cashing your check, don't they chose to process? Sure they are returning your money, but they did cash the check, make phone calls, interviews, etc.

How are they defining processing the application? Sounds like the processed to me.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Well, it's not a denial, so there's no technical violation of the order (although since G&S was mentioned, it could get interesting)... and it's not even a "processing", since the fee was returned as well (and therefore not a refund, since it wasn't cashed??")

It's a zero-stat. Never happened.

Absolutely not true.

The state refused to provide a permit to a (presumably) lawful individual because that person did not provide a Good and Substantial reason to receive that permit.

Refusing to process a lawful application is a denial.

This was dumb of them.

Working...

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    But he kinda has proof that he started the process as stated earlier, he had to do the livescan prints and that had to leave some kind of paper trail.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Absolutely not true.

The state refused to provide a permit to a (presumably) lawful individual because that person did not provide a Good and Substantial reason to receive that permit.

Refusing to process a lawful application is a denial.

This was dumb of them.

Working...

You are, of course, correct. As I mentioned a bit ago, I was attempting to offer a possible MSP rationale.. I'll modify the post.

jfox

Mar 27, 2012
    For those of you who this ticks off as much as I, I would suggest the following:

1) Let's get this to SAF and Gura...now. So we aren't all doing it, one person should take the lead.

2) Keep it alive via the appeals process. Resubmit. You may lose your money, at least in the short run. State is hoping you either: a. Drop it and their approval rate is unaffected. b. Send it in and drop it, but at that point they will have had to document their reasons for denial. You will be in a good position if the Stay is not granted.

The advantage to this may be not having to start all-over with Livescan, new apps, and possibly new requirements as MD pulls other crap out of their hat.

3) For those of us who submitted after the ruling, but before the stay was granted...I'm thinking legal action. Let's wait and see what the state does, but I think more than a few of us are willing to fight for our rights.

I think the state is behaving stupidly...but in a way, kind of glad they are.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    By cashing your check, don't they chose to process? Sure they are returning your money, but they did cash the check, make phone calls, interviews, etc.

How are they defining processing the application? Sounds like the processed to me.

He's not in that boat, they returned his original check.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Maybe a copy to Gura and SAF would be in order, as well...

I think makes perfect sense, and I was thinking about this as well. Who knows, Legg may drop the stay, because of their actions.:thumbsup:

I do think that MSI ought to be the organization to report it, not various individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom