• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Anyone have a source on some cheap hbar uppers? So long as their mil-spec I could care less about all the fancy rails and crap. Looking to get 4-6 for some 80%'s I want to build out before the election.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    www.Sotaarms.com has complete uppers in 5.56, 7.62.39, 300AAC, 6.8, .204. They even have a .458 socom. Now the ones I saw for 5.56 looked to not be HBAR but they sell them on their site so perhaps you can get an upper with that set up...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    www.Sotaarms.com has complete uppers in 5.56, 7.62.39, 300AAC, 6.8, .204. They even have a .458 socom. Now the ones I saw for 5.56 looked to not be HBAR but they sell them on their site so perhaps you can get an upper with that set up...

My SOTA is ok the gap between the gas block and rail is sort of sloppy (e.g. bare tube). Shoots fine.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just keep in mind the dichotomy between the Thread title and your first post.

The "price leader" complete uppers will generally have unlined, button rifled 4140 steel bbls. As opposed to chrome lined, cold hammer forged 4150. Not saying that the lower priced ones are inherently bad, or not good value , just pointing out .

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    They made a run last year due to Marylanders asking for them. They don't seem to make many HBARs that aren't pistol uppers anymore though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Up a little early aren't you?
    Kind of been waffling on what to do. Not liking what I've been finding for the price point I was looking at. Think I'm going to go with Wyndham barrel and build the uppers.

You know us old guys are up at all hours of the night(and day):)

I think you're better off building your own. Let me know if I can lend a hand.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    http://sandersarmoryusa.com/

Choose the "build your own upper" They have a good selection of HBAR barrels. I've been happy with them but don't have an enormous number of rounds through them to speak to longevity.

About that...

NO shipping to Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Hawaii, Alaska or Canada! NO international shipping all must be within the 48 Contiguous United States! NO APO/PPO/FPO’s.

Listed right there on the "Build your own" page.

braraigh

Aug 13, 2016
    About that...

Listed right there on the "Build your own" page.

I have ordered several barrels from there and had them shipped to MD. If you build one with an HBAR barrel, they should allow shipping. If you decide you want to go with them shoot them an email with the specs, my guess is that they will send it to you.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have ordered several barrels from there and had them shipped to MD. If you build one with an HBAR barrel, they should allow shipping. If you decide you want to go with them shoot them an email with the specs, my guess is that they will send it to you.
    You might want to take a look at how many merchants refuse to sell to MD residents, due to how messed up MD laws are. They make a blanket statement like that, so there is zero chance for the state to sue them.

There is also another sad truth here. I don't buy anything that is assembled, I buy all the individual parts and assemble it all. I prefer the ability to pick what I want for components, not what somebody in a factory says I can have.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You might want to take a look at how many merchants refuse to sell to MD residents, due to how messed up MD laws are. They make a blanket statement like that, so there is zero chance for the state to sue them.

There is also another sad truth here. I don't buy anything that is assembled, I buy all the individual parts and assemble it all. I prefer the ability to pick what I want for components, not what somebody in a factory says I can have.

Zackly :thumbsup:

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    When I started looking for parts for my budget build, I had a hard time finding non-pistol, non-top tier HBAR barrels.

Delta Team Tactical has a 16" HBAR 1:7 barrel, although you get the joy of DTT shipping/processing times (and no one answering the phone and email reply being a week or two later).

I expect it to be delivered today, so I can post up pics/info, if desired.

Edit: just searched the DTT site, and they also list some built uppers, not just the one barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom