• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Just picked up this Unfired Polytech m-14S, another reason to be happy the US never went to the metric system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      101.4 KB · Views: 1,983

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Ssshhhh. 1st rule of MD legal M1A club.....
    Looks good though. People I know with them have had good luck. If only j had more money.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Looked at one a few years back. Is your stock wood or plastic? Looks like wood from the picture. The one I looked at had this horrible looking plastic stock.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Frankly, I'd rather have a forged receiver than a cast receiver anyways, but not at USA forged prices. Convert to GI barrel and bolt and I think his is a better gun than the Springfield.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So if I also bought a US made m1a and switched out the gas system so that it was metric, would that also be a legal MD configuration?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So if I also bought a US made m1a and switched out the gas system so that it was metric, would that also be a legal MD configuration?

I would imagine it would be by the criteria these idiots use. Someone ought to just build the guns on Springfield receivers, re-thread everything metric and sell them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I'd assume no, because the receiver is an M1A, which is banned by name. What he has there is an M-14s which is not banned by name and because certain critical parts are not interchangeable it is not a copycat.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

M1A only made in the US :) And it's cheaper to get a Chinese M-14 knockoff and have the receiver case hardened than to do what you are proposing.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'd assume no, because the receiver is an M1A, which is banned by name. What he has there is an M-14s which is not banned by name and because certain critical parts are not interchangeable it is not a copycat.

It's my gun and the receiver is interchangeable with a cast Springfield. The gas system uses a different these pitch, but this could be swapped as well. Can take a USGI barrel and bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom