• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to be in PA soon. But if it doesn't work out, I'll be checking it out. Have my eye on a LCP380.

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    I run the Maryland Sons of Liberty page. I was simply posting what MSP has up on their website. It's right there in plain English. I also have the House Minority Leader looking into it tomorrow. I never received a response from Delegate Smeigal.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I run the Maryland Sons of Liberty page. I was simply posting what MSP has up on their website. It's right there in plain English. I also have the House Minority Leader looking into it tomorrow. I never received a response from Delegate Smeigal.

Please read post #188. It is that specific web page I was emailing MSP about the wrong info. They know it is wrong. If YOU think it is wrong, why repeat it? Or, why not contact them and tell them it is wrong like I did.

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    Well....my opinion of the CFL crowd isn't a good one, so I'll keep it to myself.

Maryland Sons of liberty is not part of C4L. I did not see this post until today. I contacted the House Minority Leader Delegate Nic Kipke and he assured me he would address this tomorrow. That information I posted was directly from MSP website. Blame MSP not me!

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    Please read post #188. It is that specific web page I was emailing MSP about the wrong info. They know it is wrong. If YOU think it is wrong, why repeat it? Or, why not contact them and tell them it is wrong like I did.

I also wouldn't be so entrusting of The Maryland State Police as it is controlled by the Governor and SB281 was his bill.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I also wouldn't be so entrusting of The Maryland State Police as it is controlled by the Governor and SB281 was his bill.

:tinfoil2::tinfoil2::tinfoil2:

I am sorry. If you have a point, I'm missing it. I DON'T trust the MSP to interpret SB281 any more than I trust anyone else to interpret it. But some things simply don't require interpretation when it is in black and white in the bill and there aren't any other contradicting clauses.

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    :tinfoil2::tinfoil2::tinfoil2:

I am sorry. If you have a point, I'm missing it. I DON'T trust the MSP to interpret SB281 any more than I trust anyone else to interpret it. But some things simply don't require interpretation when it is in black and white in the bill and there aren't any other contradicting clauses.

Really? Who is in charge of implementing the bill, oh wise one?

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Really? Who is in charge of implementing the bill, oh wise one?

Thank you for the compliment. I'm really not all that wise. In fact, I'm not wise enough to understand the point you are feebly trying to make. Please enlighten us.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Maryland Sons of liberty is not part of C4L. I did not see this post until today. I contacted the House Minority Leader Delegate Nic Kipke and he assured me he would address this tomorrow. That information I posted was directly from MSP website. Blame MSP not me!

Hi Bryan,

Absolutely understood. Not a slight towards you at all. :thumbsup:

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    Thank you for the compliment. I'm really not all that wise. In fact, I'm not wise enough to understand the point you are feebly trying to make. Please enlighten us.

And this is why I don't get involved with group forums. Ultimately in your pursuit to be right you turn to fighting amongst people(and yourselves) who are really fighting with you.

My feeble point is simply don't trust the MSP at all and that includes it's brass. I'm referencing your email contact with the LT.

I'll have confirmation on the FQL tomorrow through the Minority Leader and I'll post that information accordingly.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    And this is why I don't get involved with group forums. Ultimately in your pursuit to be right you turn to fighting amongst people(and yourselves) who are really fighting with you.

My feeble point is simply don't trust the MSP at all and that includes it's brass. I'm referencing your email contact with the LT.

I'll have confirmation on the FQL tomorrow through the Minority Leader and I'll post that information accordingly.

So, you trust the politicians but not the police. Hope that works out for you.

I am not in a pursuit to be right, only to understand what point you are trying to make. Blame that on inadequate education on my part or inability to translate rants.

As for LEOs, I may be naïve, but I trust them to enforce the laws as they understand them a lot more than I trust the current legislature to make them.

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    So, you trust the politicians but not the police. Hope that works out for you.

I am not in a pursuit to be right, only to understand what point you are trying to make. Blame that on inadequate education on my part or inability to translate rants.

As for LEOs, I may be naïve, but I trust them to enforce the laws as they understand them a lot more than I trust the current legislature to make them.

I have NO interest in getting into a pissing match with you.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I have NO interest in getting into a pissing match with you.

Agree. Even the winner of a pissing match gets wet shoes.

But I wasn't trying to get pissy. I was just trying to understand the point you were trying to make. Never mind. :outta her

bryanb

Sep 26, 2010
    Agree. Even the winner of a pissing match gets wet shoes.

But I wasn't trying to get pissy. I was just trying to understand the point you were trying to make. Never mind. :outta her

Agreed. I'm on your side concerning this monstrosity of a law.

On a personal note I've been fighting the tyranny that is Annapolis for well over a decade. Longer than Maryland Shall Issue has been in existence, my good friend Henry Heymering founded it. I have contacts in the Maryland Legislature I find to be way more useful at getting results on issues such as this.

No I don't trust the MSP at all in regards to our rights and yes the majority of the politicians as well, no disrespect intended.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Yeah, trust MSP.... They couldn't answer the questions about Concealed Carry Laws when asked to interpret the law in hearings last year!

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    a little math:

so if im understanding this:

one must apply for a HQL which the application process (probably) won't start until Oct 1. and be fingerprinted, and still has to wait a (maximum) of 30 days after the Secretary receives the application to get it back. So:

Oct 1 plus 30 days is roughly Nov 1.

So hand gun sales will basically stop for the month of October.

We all know that there is no way that turn around time will be 30 days. And even if you purchased pre 10/1 and are waiting on an FFL that is waiting for ND, you have to get a HQL. So you might see your handgun by Christmas.

On a side note, and I take this as my own ignorance and inability to comprehend the way sb281 is written, does the HQL stipulate between an individual and a dealer? In other words, does a dealer have to have a HQL in order to purchase handguns to sell in the shop?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    so if im understanding this:

one must apply for a HQL which the application process (probably) won't start until Oct 1. and be fingerprinted, and still has to wait a (maximum) of 30 days after the Secretary receives the application to get it back. So:

Oct 1 plus 30 days is roughly Nov 1.

So hand gun sales will basically stop for the month of October.

We all know that there is no way that turn around time will be 30 days. And even if you purchased pre 10/1 and are waiting on an FFL that is waiting for ND, you have to get a HQL. So you might see your handgun by Christmas.

On a side note, and I take this as my own ignorance and inability to comprehend the way sb281 is written, does the HQL stipulate between an individual and a dealer? In other words, does a dealer have to have a HQL in order to purchase handguns to sell in the shop?

I will go out on a limb and say that dealers (ffl s) will not need anything other than an ffl to take posession for sale out of state and perhaps a MDL ( I think that's what its called) for instate sales..

A lot of dealers may be looking to do businesses out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom