• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I believe the harrisburg show is this weekend. Just to be clear in my mind - handgun no go, long gun ok, BBG - no go. What about C&R?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Just out of curiosity (99% chance I can't make it) what is this show like?

Any good?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Big show, usually 1000 tables or more. And held in a big enough hall that you can actually move around. And be ready for the shock of your life, there will be exhibitors there who are NICE to you and don't treat you like toenail jam because you're a pesky customer who wants to annoy them by spending your money on their goods. (I know there are a few down here who treat their customers well too, the good guys at Continental being an example. I'm just trying to make a point :) )

Good prices on a lot of stuff, of course they have their shysters too but a lot better deals to be found than anything down here.

Bring money, you will see stuff you want and is priced fairly. I try never to miss H-Burg or York but I just bought an Albanian SKS so my treasury is a little depleted this weekend. :o

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    It was $7.00 for Entry & $5.00 parking 2 years ago, that was the last time I attended, previous, this say 5 years back it was the largest Show on the East Coast, 1000 Tables+. My last time there it was down to under 400 of over-priced junk! Hopefully this Show has made a come-back! Still, $5.00 to park is BS!
    Note: They used to have a Celeb at each Show for a general meet & greet who would sign Autographs. I've met Col. Paul Tibits & Phil Garneir there.:thumbsup:

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Looks like I found my answer:

Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors
    RR 2 Box 14 S & W
    Uniondale, Pa. 18470-9610
    Phone 570-679-2250
    email : maacpsse@echoes.net

TELL A BUDDY - BRING A FRIEND & BUY--SELL--TRADE

If it is legal & is related to the shooting sports, you could very well find it at one of our shows. Many dealers & private collectors are on hand and are more than willing to make the best deal they can for you. If you like hunting & shooting, or maybe you're new at hunting, shooting or collecting, but have never been to a guns, knives, & military collectibles show, don't be bashful, come to one of our shows and see what we have to offer. Remember this-- you may not know as much as you would like about guns, the hunting or target sports, or the military collectibles you are interested in, but there is no such thing as a stupid question. Talk to the dealers & collectors -- ask lots of questions -- we are at these shows to offer you a pleasant, wholesome, family experience .

Shooters, Hunters, Collectors & Military buffs -- come on in -- see some of the best quality new & used modern firearms and antique firearms available in the mid-atlantic & northeastern states, get great deals on shooting & hunting accessories, ammo, scopes & mounts, knives, swords, bayonets, holsters, gun care products, black powder necessities, eye & ear protection, military collectibles, & reloading supplies.

All firearms transfers must be done through Pennsylvania or National Instant Check. Even if you deal with a private collector-- someone will be on hand to conduct a buyer's background check. It is done for the protection of all parties involved in the transaction. Criminals attempting to purchase firearms have been apprehended at our shows. If you are not allowed to own a firearm do not expect to acquire one at our show. Remember -- straw man transactions (buying a gun for someone else who may not have the right to own a gun) are unlawful, do not try to purchase a firearm for someone who is not allowed to own firearms.

Absolutely no loaded firearms permitted in our show halls.

Double check your gun before you enter the show hall to be sure it is unloaded !!!

If you have a carry permit or are an off duty police officer from a municipality outside the jurisdiction of the show, be aware that you are personally responsible for your actions and if you insist on carrying a loaded firearm you must show proof of insurance to cover your actions. Our insurer will not allow loaded weapons in any of the show halls.

Guests we have featured in the past at our Harrisburg show.

BRIDADIER GENERAL / PAUL W. TIBBETS, Pilot & Major THEODORE (DUTCH) VAN KIRK, Navigator on the Enola Gay, the B-29 that dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima

Special Displays featured at our Harrisburg show.

The Ruger Collectors Association will once again display at our March 2008 Harrisburg, Pa show. March 2007 there were over 30 tables of some of the nicest Rugers in the U. S. A. Expect to see many more at the 2008 show.

All shows have 8 foot tables Show hours Sat. 9 AM - 5 PM -- Sun. 9 AM - 3 PM except Harrisburg & Reading, Pa. Sun 9 AM - 4 PM

2007 Show Schedule

September 8 & 9 Harrisburg, Pa., 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, (internet map) 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67. No great buildup needed for this show. It has become the largest show of its kind in the east. None bigger or longer established. Our usuual offerings, plus and open invitation to RUGER, SAVAGE, MARLIN, HOPKINS & ALLEN, IVER JOHNSON, HIGH STANDARD, AND THOMPSON CENTER collectors WORLD WIDE to display or sell. Special display tables will be available and cash awards will be offered for best educational display. For particulars on exhibit space, call or email. Now all the guns shows at the Farm Show Complex are M. A. A. C. shows.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Big Black gun ie m16 or ak types is what I was going for. Could also go EBG - Evil black gun

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    State of Residence Laws applies!
    Maryland Residents;
    No cash & carry on Handguns or any Firearms that appear on the Handgun Roster Board List!
    Example,
    Non H-bar ARs, M1 Carbine, M1A....etc.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Just remember that Colt HBAR rifles are explicitly excluded from Maryland's regulated weapons list, and may be purchased like any other long gun in Maryland (as well as out-of-state purchases); however, I have heard that because of Maryland's absurd and convoluted firearms laws, many dealers out of state won't sell to Marylanders, out of ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom