• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micro

Dec 6, 2005
    Easton
    I sent an e-mail to Georgia Arms to ask if they were attending the Dulles show last weekend and/or the Upper Marlboro show on the 17/18th. They wrote back after they got back from Dulles and hoped they'd taken care of me (I did go there, in the driving rain) to get restocked. Then they asked about the Upper Marlboro show. Apparently, they've never attended. I've told them that, if they let us know they were coming, they'd probably get a nicer turnout since Marylanders drive all the way to Dulles to get their ammo. I'm going to point them to this thread. Any comments from you guys about Georgia Arms and whether or not it would be worth their while to look into the Upper Marlboro (Silverado) show?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I drove over there and walked away with 500 of 9mm, 50 .38spl, 50 .380.

I'd come to Upper Marlboro to buy more

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Oh man, I told people the show at the Equestrian Center was last weekend:o

I have heard a whole lot about Georgia Arms. If they were at Upper Marlboro's show, then I would raid the couch for some change just to get in on their reload deals.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    well, if i werent up in the shenandoahs hiking in the rain, only to have my rainjacket fail, get pretty wet then have my raincoat freeze overnight, surely i would have been there.

if they come to the 17 Feb Gun Show, ill be there. need .357, .22LR and 12Ga Target

Micro

Dec 6, 2005
    Easton
    My mistake: the show is 18th and 19th (Saturday and Sunday, of course). If anyone shows up on Friday, just tell them you know me. That'll help....

Micro

Dec 6, 2005
    Easton
    Larry at Georgia Arms says they'll be at Dulles on the 18th for the Militaria Show; however, they're thinking they might work both shows. I asked him to let me know if they're only going to be at Upper Marlboro one day, and I will let you guys know. It would be great for us if they'd make this show a regular stop on the tour. It's certainly lots more convenient for us, and it would keep us from having to order over the Internet (and have folks like Sportsmans refuse to deliver). So, if they do come, let's give 'em a big welcome.

Skeptic

Dec 19, 2005
    Middle East
    I am always in the market for more ammo..... you can never have enough.

BTW, who here will be going to the show on sat/sun?

I plan on being there with a big grin and some extra cash.

Perhaps the Shooters Forum members could meet and greet??

Micro

Dec 6, 2005
    Easton
    Well, the bad news is, Georgia Arms is committed to the militaria show at Dulles and do not think they can work both shows. They said perhaps the next one, and I told them the next shows at Upper Marlboro are in July and November.

I'll let you guys know if I hear any more from them....

Rats.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    will they have standard handgun ammo at the show(.357, .38spl, etc) or just military type rounds? also, any idea on their prices?

Micro

Dec 6, 2005
    Easton
    They didn't say; however, I'd sure expect them to have their entire selection available. Their prices have been quite reasonable, and their quality is high (by all accounts that I've heard). I paid $170 for 1,000 rounds of .40 S&W 180 grain FMJ (equivalent to $8.50 for 50 rounds). Seems to me it was $90 for 500 rounds. Those prices compare to about $10 a box of 50 rounds for FMJ practice rounds, generally the least expensive I could find on the net (plus shipping, of course). At a gun store, it's typically $12.95 and up for the same thing. I think the JHP in .40 was $200 for 1,000 rounds. My brother gets +P from them for $200 for 1,000 rounds (.40).

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Bass Pro is having a 10% off sale on ALL ammo right now. It puts them in line with Wal Mart's prices and I'd much rather give my money to Bass Pro.

And if you're a hunter or just looking for some of the high octane ammo it's probably a good time to buy.

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    what is the dulles expo militaria show like? i was there a while ago for the reguarl gun show

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom