• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Agree that it should sell well, taking Glock mags and being threaded helps a lot I think.

I may hold out for a 45 version though, they would sell a ton of those I think since there are few 45 options out there now whereas the 9mm market is a bit more crowded.

Yes! A 45 version would be a nice addition to my Marlin Camp Carbine 45!:thumbsup:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Yup. Keltecs are reliable, basic, will do the job...............but lack the sexiness (or frankly comfort in shooting) of a PC9 or Camp9.

After Ruger goes over the initial production and works out any bugs (especially given their recent run of recalls) Im in. Like said above I wouldn't mind seeing a .45. Given Ruger never made a .45 I doubt you will see one, though you might see a .40 in the future.

Hopefully being a tweak on a classic design there wont be any major growing pains.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Ruger is making many .45's now. True, the last PCC from them wasn't in .45 but I think that was aimed at police and not many carry .45's anymore. Different company now so I think there is a chance, or I'm telling myself that at least.

Yup. Keltecs are reliable, basic, will do the job...............but lack the sexiness (or frankly comfort in shooting) of a PC9 or Camp9.

After Ruger goes over the initial production and works out any bugs (especially given their recent run of recalls) Im in. Like said above I wouldn't mind seeing a .45. Given Ruger never made a .45 I doubt you will see one, though you might see a .40 in the future.

Hopefully being a tweak on a classic design there wont be any major growing pains.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only reason I'd pick a Sub-2k over this gun is if I need something that could fit into a super-tight space, or if I needed to use Beretta/Sig mags. I used to cart around my Sub-2k in a Plano large accessory box, which was pretty amazing. The Ruger is not going to be that small out of the box... maybe Magpul will come out with a backpacker stock make up some of the difference, but it won't be all of it.

But, otherwise, this seems to be a much better rifle. Charging handle is in the right place, take-down doesn't mess with the optics, etc.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The only reason I'd pick a Sub-2k over this gun is if I need something that could fit into a super-tight space, or if I needed to use Beretta/Sig mags. I used to cart around my Sub-2k in a Plano large accessory box, which was pretty amazing. The Ruger is not going to be that small out of the box... maybe Magpul will come out with a backpacker stock make up some of the difference, but it won't be all of it.

But, otherwise, this seems to be a much better rifle. Charging handle is in the right place, take-down doesn't mess with the optics, etc.

I love the Sub2k. How many full-length rifles can fit into a laptop bag?

Don’t like how awkward it can be to shoulder while wearing cans. Also finicky with certain kinds of ammo.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I loved shooting my PC9, but disassembly was a real PITA and I eventually moved away from the metal-brick P95, so I sold them as a set. This approach is very innovative and I think I need this. I hope aftermarket takes hold firmly. I love the idea of an internally suppressed barrel. I think a variety of magwells could be engineered (I would wish for models for VP9/P30L, single-stack 1911, and double-stack 1911). A .45 version would also kick ass. Finally, if this takes off, I think it possible that Ruger might expand to a bolt-action version, which would be another no-brainer for me.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ruger is making many .45's now. True, the last PCC from them wasn't in .45 but I think that was aimed at police and not many carry .45's anymore. Different company now so I think there is a chance, or I'm telling myself that at least.

I do hope you are right. As suggested by Erwos a Magpul Backpacker stock would be great. I just got one for a 10/22 and its a nice rig and comfortable.

Maybe they will turn out some nice distributor exclusive guns in things like laminate.

Tough competition, this or a just right carbine or both.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I do hope you are right. As suggested by Erwos a Magpul Backpacker stock would be great. I just got one for a 10/22 and its a nice rig and comfortable.

Maybe they will turn out some nice distributor exclusive guns in things like laminate.

I just got a 10/22 with rugers factory backpacker stock, I LOVE IT. if this 9mm came out with a backpacker stock I would go crazy till I found one to buy. like I said before this is on top of my wants list right now.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Ooooooh! I bet you’re right about distributor models with laminate stocks. That would be dead sexy!!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I just got a 10/22 with rugers factory backpacker stock, I LOVE IT. if this 9mm came out with a backpacker stock I would go crazy till I found one to buy. like I said before this is on top of my wants list right now.

THey are nice, I snagged a nice OD one from Optics planet for Blackfriday with a 20% coupon and free shipping. Just waiting to get a nice threaded stainless ruger TD to put in it.

A carbine would be sweet, is it a survival gun no but easy to stow and take to camp.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This new PCC is infinitely more practical in every possible way, but I do wish they bring back that hotness that was the 10/44 carbine.

Attachments

• B0C897C4-5E2B-4AE8-9E38-47DF91A9E7C1.jpg
      B0C897C4-5E2B-4AE8-9E38-47DF91A9E7C1.jpg
      130.7 KB · Views: 286

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This new PCC is infinitely more practical in every possible way, but I do wish they bring back that hotness that was the 10/44 carbine.

Always wondered how those held up. I think you are going to see a lot of canceled gun designs make a comeback, the designs exist, modern manufacturing techniques can make things cheaper.

Look forward to seeing how Ruger expands on this platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom