What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Seems more like historical curiosity/research to me. When did it become a crime to learn about the history of our own country?

A1st order of business is to erase the history so there is only the state and what they say it is.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    A1st order of business is to erase the history so there is only the state and what they say it is.
    Exactly.. if my son wasn't a junior and in a STEM program, we would have considered moving him. But they know we didn't much of a leg to stand on less we "damage" his chances of moving forward successfully.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    They weren't.. they were using their school's internet to browse the internet looking at the things the school deemed inappropriate... a meme of Robert E. Lee High School.

I have a feeling at some point during my sons time in school I will be suing the county and certain administrators. I don’t take well to forced indoctrination. I understand if you don’t have the same resources. I’m curious what exactly the meme was and what part of the school handbook he violated that constituted a suspension. Free speech is not checked at the door at schools.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    I have a feeling at some point during my sons time in school I will be suing the county and certain administrators. I don’t take well to forced indoctrination. I understand if you don’t have the same resources. I’m curious what exactly the meme was and what part of the school handbook he violated that constituted a suspension. Free speech is not checked at the door at schools.
    I agree with you 100%.. and my son hasn't let this change his views and personal beliefs. In fact he was at PP gathering a few weeks ago supporting a cause he believes in. The meme we were shown by the school at our meeting with school officials was of the front of a building that appeared to be a school, and a sign that read "Robert E. Lee High School"... nothing was altered or changed in any way. The Baltimore County Schools student handbook has an entry that basically reads "I will not use school information technology resources in such a manner that is deemed offensive by other students or school staff".. not the exact wording because I don't have it in front of me. But you get the idea. I can pull it tonight when I'm home.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Here we go, kids...

Seattle Police Begin Gun Confiscations: No Laws Broken, No Warrant, No Charges
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...scations-no-laws-broken-no-warrant-no-charges
    A man in Seattle has had his gun confiscated by police after breaking no laws. The police took his gun without a warrant and without pressing any charges. Tyranny has officially taken hold on American soil.

...The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous and they’ve just begun the confiscation. A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges. The man was not identified by authorities.

Neighbors complained that the man had been “staring” at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm. He was not brandishing his weapon by any account, and open carrying is legal in the area, so he was abiding by the law. Other residents also complained that the man’s open carrying made them feel “uncomfortable” and “unsafe...”

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Anyone that thinks this is okay better open their eyes to the abuse of this law and how it could affect every person who owns a firearm.

This guy may be a bad example, but do you honestly think this is going to be the last you hear of this law and it's abuses?

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    my breaking point is confiscation. I think a lot people can agree with that one. once you start confiscation that's it for me, I would declare war on the government. do I think its coming to that point? no. but if we keep having mass shootings we the government might start thinking about confiscation. but in all reality no police chief would enforce confiscation because their whole department would get slaughtered. you can line up all the police departments in the entire country against 100 million gun owners and they would lose everytime.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Anyone that thinks this is okay better open their eyes to the abuse of this law and how it could affect every person who owns a firearm.

This guy may be a bad example, but do you honestly think this is going to be the last you hear of this law and it's abuses?

I think this law and any other similar law that eschews due process is unconstitutional and I am vehemently against it. I also feel that it will be abused. I have seen what scorned spouses do to one another and this will just be another way to do it.

Pope414

Group of kids looking at memes online and one of them was of Robert E. Lee High School somewhere in the South.. this was right around the time of the North Carolina hoopla. One of the other students in the class got triggered and reported them and he and the other students were suspended for inappropriately using school resources.. ie - their internet access. We met with the school administration and they wouldn't budge.

This is nuts! R.E Lee H.S is in Florida ...it's not some made up photoshop... I hope they expunged that suspension from your sons academic record ....ridiculous this PC culture you can't change the past by removing all evidence of it ...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This is nuts! R.E Lee H.S is in Florida ...it's not some made up photoshop... I hope they expunged that suspension from your sons academic record ....ridiculous this PC culture you can't change the past by removing all evidence of it ...

They tried that in ancient Egypt.

Stalin perfected it.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    Aquaman:

I would agree however, what was the turning point that turned the colonies against King George? Adjusting for inflation (just a term I am using) what would have to occur now to push the country over the edge again. I cannot see a major revolution happening in the future unless there is some major event such as an EMP attack or something similar occurs. Just a thought.

John

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    my breaking point is confiscation. I think a lot people can agree with that one. once you start confiscation that's it for me, I would declare war on the government. do I think its coming to that point? no. but if we keep having mass shootings we the government might start thinking about confiscation. but in all reality no police chief would enforce confiscation because their whole department would get slaughtered. you can line up all the police departments in the entire country against 100 million gun owners and they would lose everytime.

90% of police oppose AR-15 bans, magazine limits etc. this has been extensively polled.

No one is going to "slaughtered." CNC, 3d and 80%s especially 80% of FCG led by p320 make it moot.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    90% of police oppose AR-15 bans, magazine limits etc. this has been extensively polled.

No one is going to "slaughtered." CNC, 3d and 80%s especially 80% of FCG led by p320 make it moot.

I've heard the same thing but i haven't seen any polls. I have seen "lots" of police argue for tougher gun laws in front of legislatures.

I'd hope that should it get worse and confiscation would occur that the police and military would stand up against the government tyranny.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is their anyway under the MD Constitution and Federal law that the citizens of MD march upon the state house and have the MGA arrested and or removed from office for failure to obey the oath that they took and or the MGA became a tyranny form of goverment? Just wondering....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No, I have asked that question and the answer is: POLITICS....is different from crime (although you may disagree)

Not following their oaths is a political act, not a criminal act. They are subject to censure and expulsion for violating their oaths, but as far as I understand it, that sanction is meted out by their peers.

However, if someone takes bribes, as was allegedly done by MD Sen. Nathanial Oaks, two boxes are checked: political and criminal. If convicted, he will have violated his oath as well as laws stipulating that politicians not solicit or accept bribes.

Yesterday, the judge hearing defense motions by Sen. Oaks to have 6 of his 10 federal charges dismissed, ruled against Oaks and left the 10 charges intact.

Sen. Nathanial Oaks continues to occupy his seat in the Maryland General Assembly, and will not face the first of two federal trials until a week after the Legislature adjourns on April 9th.

His second trial on an obstruction of justice charge occurs August 20th.

https://marylandmatters.org/2018/03...-that-oaks-was-wrongly-charged-on-six-counts/

Attachments

• BEEC7505-FCCD-4CDB-8937-CE7BC188D8D4.jpg
      BEEC7505-FCCD-4CDB-8937-CE7BC188D8D4.jpg
      99.9 KB · Views: 309

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    No, I have asked that question and the answer is: POLITICS....is different from crime (although you may disagree)

Not following their oaths is a political act, not a criminal act. They are subject to censure and expulsion for violating their oaths, but as far as I understand it, that sanction is meted out by their peers.

However, if someone takes bribes, as was allegedly done by MD Sen. Nathanial Oaks, two boxes are checked: political and criminal. If convicted, he will have violated his oath as well as laws stipulating that politicians not solicit or accept bribes.

Yesterday, the judge hearing defense motions by Sen. Oaks to have 6 of his 10 federal charges dismissed, ruled against Oaks and left the 10 charges intact.

Sen. Nathanial Oaks continues to occupy his seat in the Maryland General Assembly, and will not face the first of two federal trials until a week after the Legislature adjourns on April 9th.

His second trial on an obstruction of justice charge occurs August 20th.

https://marylandmatters.org/2018/03...-that-oaks-was-wrongly-charged-on-six-counts/

How convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom