Anyone use airsoft pistols to supplement training?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And a big MDS welcome to YerNotGreat, making his first post after more than 3 years !

Back on the subject; I have a $25-ish single shot airsoft. I just happens to be same size and identical configuration as my Combat Commander. Accuraccy not worthy of proper "target" practice, but is great to practice first shot hits from the leather.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Digging up an old thread. A couple people from my work got into airsoft and I was resistant to try it but gave in. Years ago I played a lot of Paintball so I'm used to the style of the game.

I haven't done much static target shooting with airsoft, we go up to outdoor extreme in Chesapeake City, Cecil County. They got like 100 acres of property and spent a lot of effort in building some really cool fields.

It's not just the yellow team versus the blue team, there's all kinds of scenario based games they do to really make it interesting.

The training aspect is you can basically get clone electric AR airsoft guns that are setup exactly like your "real gun" and even as far as clone pistols with how you'd normally carry it, IWB/OWB.

Its a lot of fun with a lot of like minded people, a lot of adult/conservative/gun owner types doing it. The frag grenades are a riot

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Yes, i have the The Daisy 415. About a 6/7# trigger, shoots about 70/80 BBs before losing power. 500 FPS, VERY similar to the S&W shield in ergonomics and trigger pull, maybe Glock 43 too? as davsco said, a mess with plastic bb's. MY practical time is with the bronze bb's that can be scavenged with a magnet and reused. The basement, backyard, or otherwise, the airgun can scratch the itch and hone safe gun handling.

THANK YOU DAVSCO for giving me ideas for my basement airgun range. spinners, GREAT idea!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a Korean model of a 2011 long slide I bought for winter garage practice when I lived in Hagerstown back before 2014. Cost something like $200 roughly. Mags hold 34 airsoft balls as the gun is semi-auto powered by either Green Gas or natural gas. Slide weighs about the same as a .22 conversion kit but is full size with the 6" barrel.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I read recently umarex is releasing a fully licensed glock airsoft pistol. Good news for those of us looking for a training aid for our glocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom