• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just the nature of the beast I guess...

Over population, economy, and bad social skills.

Spreading out of the cities to commit crime, and take advantage of richer and less dangerous areas.

Just drive 2 or 3 miles down the road to Owings Mills, and it's a complete poop hole.

A mall that gets robbed weekly in broad daylight, and nobody want to visit in fear of their life.

Like I said it's just an opinion, and I'm not just going by random facts or crap I hear through the interweb.

I have lived and work in Reisterstown for years, and I beleive it's changing fast.

No doubt. I'm just north of Hannah Moore on Main Street, and my good friend is just off of Tollgate Rd. The contrasts are sickening.

Buy guns, ammo, cameras and an alarm system. You will be fine. G&S has been shot down and we can all carry now. Life goes on.

Already there faze. Been there before as well, when still residing in Baltimore. I guess I just won't be happy until I find a place like Main Street Reisterstown out in the middle of nowhere.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Well talking of shootings in Reisterstown LOL...

Police shoot Reisterstown man after he attacks police with a SWORD

http://owingsmills.patch.com/articles/man-shot-and-killed-after-attacking-police-with-sword

AND... Then days later (at the same address)..
    Police arrest 3 people for kidnapping, murder and gun charges....

http://owingsmills.patch.com/articles/three-charged-with-attempted-murder-kidnapping-of-reisterstown-teen

And per my previous post about the 9 month kidnapping and beating on Brookebury Drive...

I may have to retract my statements and say, yes Reisterstown is a great place to live.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Can anyone say "flash mob" LOL

Group attacks...

http://owingsmills.patch.com/articles/two-robberies-and-one-attempt-connected-police-say

Five unknown male suspects attacked a victim in the parking lot of the Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet between 7:50 and 8:20 p.m. The suspects punched the victim repeatedly in the face, back, legs and feet, and took $150 cash, a drivers license, four Amway supplements and a Motorola cell phone, police said.

Six male suspects attacked a victim from behind, striking the person in the back of the head at East Cherry Hill Road and Mardan Drive in Reisterstown at 7:50 p.m. The victim fell to the ground, and was attacked while on the ground. The suspects took the victim’s Verizon Android cell phone, police said.

Seven male suspects approached two victims from behind and attacked them at 8:05 p.m. at Sugarbury Court and Brookebury Drive in Reisterstown, according to police. The victims fought the suspects off and sustained no injuries. They saw the suspects running on Caraway Road towards Reisterstown Road.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Most places within reach of the mta on the west side of Baltimore county are shit holes. Theres no point in trying to defend the area. Its has been ruined for a long time. Liberty rd a good ways out has constant issues and the same with Reisterstown rd. Yes there are some decent neighborhoods but the argument is no different than claiming Fells point or Canton are super safe great areas when you can walk 3 or 4 blocks and be in a very bad place. Not trying to start a pissing contest just speaking the truth as seen through my own eyes. I have been in almost every neighborhood in the state at night and have seen the best and the worst. Feel free to talk shit about my area. I dont care and am on my way to greener pastures as soon as possible. This whole state is a ******** especially thanks to section 8 housing and the mta.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    No doubt. I'm just north of Hannah Moore on Main Street, ... I guess I just won't be happy until I find a place like Main Street Reisterstown out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm walking distance to The Cow. I made a similar remark to the Mrs about liking the neighborhood but wishing it were elsewhere (i.e. closer to family near DC.)

Edit: whenever I hear a car punching it eastbound on Bond Ave, it is usually one of the county's finest, heading toward the apartments quickly.

Last edited:

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Most places within reach of the mta on the west side of Baltimore county are shit holes. Theres no point in trying to defend the area. Its has been ruined for a long time. Liberty rd a good ways out has constant issues and the same with Reisterstown rd. Yes there are some decent neighborhoods but the argument is no different than claiming Fells point or Canton are super safe great areas when you can walk 3 or 4 blocks and be in a very bad place. Not trying to start a pissing contest just speaking the truth as seen through my own eyes. I have been in almost every neighborhood in the state at night and have seen the best and the worst. Feel free to talk shit about my area. I dont care and am on my way to greener pastures as soon as possible. This whole state is a ******** especially thanks to section 8 housing and the mta.

I live right next to Food Lion and have never seen a cop car in my neighborhood. It's REALLY quiet.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I live right next to Food Lion and have never seen a cop car in my neighborhood. It's REALLY quiet.

You either dont look outside enough or just have lazy patrol officers in the neighborhood.

Seeing a police car is not a bad thing and is actually good. Seeing several cars at the same or seeing the same one getting out of their car to answer calls in the neighborhood isnt such a great thing.

My blinds are usually open in my relatively quiet neighborhood and about once a week I see a police car. They drive though and it's welcoming to see them. They dont appear to be stopping or answering calls...just driving around for visibility.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    You either dont look outside enough or just have lazy patrol officers in the neighborhood.

Seeing a police car is not a bad thing and is actually good. Seeing several cars at the same or seeing the same one getting out of their car to answer calls in the neighborhood isnt such a great thing.

My blinds are usually open in my relatively quiet neighborhood and about once a week I see a police car. They drive though and it's welcoming to see them. They dont appear to be stopping or answering calls...just driving around for visibility.

I do look outside and walk around quite a bit. I have never seen anything happen. The bank by me has been robbed as has Royal Farms, but that shit happens everywhere.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    few thoughts on all this :)

#1 please keep the light rail out of Carroll County :)

#2 arm up.

#3 with the ccw laws changing in md i wonder how this will effect crime outside of the city. More rural areas tend to have more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens i think (no evidence of that at all). Maybe the fear of people being able to fight back will reduce crime?

it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

When bodymore murderland's crime rate goes down after people start getting ccw permits over the next 10 years or so it will be a good argument to keep things that way :)

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    few thoughts on all this :)

#1 please keep the light rail out of Carroll County :)

#2 arm up.

#3 with the ccw laws changing in md i wonder how this will effect crime outside of the city. More rural areas tend to have more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens i think (no evidence of that at all). Maybe the fear of people being able to fight back will reduce crime?

it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

When bodymore murderland's crime rate goes down after people start getting ccw permits over the next 10 years or so it will be a good argument to keep things that way :)

#3 is a huge win. I can't wait to get my CCW! Applying in the next couple weeks. :party29:

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    #3 is a huge win. I can't wait to get my CCW! Applying in the next couple weeks. :party29:

Yeah honestly I wish more people would defend themselves in their homes right now like they already can.

I hope i never have to shoot anybody but you better bet if anybody ever tries to break in on me and my family while we are home they are going to be greeted by some 12 gauge 00 buck shot. I don't care so much about material things, but i would not hesitate if someone was a threat to me or my family :)

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Yeah honestly I wish more people would defend themselves in their homes right now like they already can.

I hope i never have to shoot anybody but you better bet if anybody ever tries to break in on me and my family while we are home they are going to be greeted by some 12 gauge 00 buck shot. I don't care so much about material things, but i would not hesitate if someone was a threat to me or my family :)

My defense weapon for the home is my 45 currently. Probably will change to my 9MM Kel-Tec that I am buying tomorrow. This will also be my CCW weapon once I get my permit.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC

Probably explains a lot then, considering that's the higher end of Reisterstown, and much further away from Reisterstown Rd and Owings Mills.

To be honest there is not that much housing in that area, and you're practically on the I-795 exit.

I work in that area, so I know whats it's like.

Head south anywhere past Main street, and it gets a lot worse.

We all have different opinions, and we all see different things, so we don't have to agree.

Maybe may "Situational Awareness" is a little higher than some people.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Probably explains a lot then, considering that's the higher end of Reisterstown, and much further away from Reisterstown Rd and Owings Mills.

To be honest there is not that much housing in that area, and you're practically on the I-795 exit.

I work in that area, so I know whats it's like.

Head south anywhere past Main street, and it gets a lot worse.

We all have different opinions, and we all see different things, so we don't have to agree.

Maybe may "Situational Awareness" is a little higher than some people.

Believe me my situational awareness is very high. 8+ years in Ninjutsu taught me to be aware of what's around me 100% of the time. Even before I walk out my front door I look around to make sure nothing is out there. But I agree, not much of anything of interest around me, I'm kind of back in a hole away from everything. Very few places like this around anymore...

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    My defense weapon for the home is my 45 currently. Probably will change to my 9MM Kel-Tec that I am buying tomorrow. This will also be my CCW weapon once I get my permit.

my planned original carry weapon is a ruger lcr .357 mag =) its smaller than most .357's and packs a punch. and since its a revolver you can shoot the cheaper .38 special rounds for target practice. .38 special +p makes a good carry round too for the same gun depending on what you like.

it is a little bit bigger than a semi auto just because its a revolver though.

i've been thinking of getting one of those keltek pf9's for days when the lcr is too big.

How do you like it ?

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    my planned original carry weapon is a ruger lcr .357 mag =) its smaller than most .357's and packs a punch. and since its a revolver you can shoot the cheaper .38 special rounds for target practice. .38 special +p makes a good carry round too for the same gun depending on what you like.

it is a little bit bigger than a semi auto just because its a revolver though.

i've been thinking of getting one of those keltek pf9's for days when the lcr is too big.

How do you like it ?

Haven't purchased it yet. I plan to off of budsgunshop.com, tomorrow afternoon. I'm not really sure which Kel-Tec to get. I would prefer a higher capacity magazine but still keeping the size down. Are all Kel-Tec's of good quality? I don't want some garbage piece of pot metal.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    Haven't purchased it yet. I plan to off of budsgunshop.com, tomorrow afternoon. I'm not really sure which Kel-Tec to get. I would prefer a higher capacity magazine but still keeping the size down. Are all Kel-Tec's of good quality? I don't want some garbage piece of pot metal.

this guy on youtube does great reviews -- not one sided and will tell you good and bad -- a lot of those reviewers only tell you the good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRbkOdUgms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLx1v2AY1M

its a two part video -- he tells you specific thing that the manufactures say to look out for on how to avoid the ones that have problems. apparently the early ones had some problems which have all been resolved.

i wouldn't get a .380 version personally and here is pretty much why. He explains it very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEmF430-buc

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom