Lewis Bawol Welding: Firearm Repair Welding Services I recently used - EXCELLENT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I wanted to everyone know about a welding group I recently used to repair quite an unique pistol, my HK P9S Target, 1981 Chantilly Date Code. The Decocking Lever Spring Pin’s weld broke. If anyone is familiar with these pistols they will know that without that pin set in place the pistol becomes a single shot pistol. This is the second P9S on which I have experienced this issue and I believe it is a known imperfection in the HK manufacturing process. I looked for 3 years since the first occurrence to find a welder, Micro Tig Welder that would attempt to fix it. Ken Bawol was that welder. He is amazing.

Here are pics of the issue. As you will notice there is no way to access the inside of the mag well to re-weld the pin from the inside.

The pin broke off from the top left cavity.

This shows how you cannot access the rear of the mag well and therefore the rear of the pin to weld.

This shows how the pins should be set up.

Here is the repair (the left side pin, you can just make out a small weld on the right side of the cavity where the pin sits - Ken's beautiful work.

The Welder is:

Ken Bawol
    Lewis Bawol Welding
    3308 W. 22nd Street
    Erie, PA 16506
    814-838-1074
    weld@lewisbawol.com

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/218462-i-had-my-p9s-slide-welded.html

Ken could not have been nicer and has filed for his FFL to receive firearms directly. Currently he has a local FFL who will receive for no cost if necessary. He loves what he does and it shows. Just above is a link to a thread on HK Pro which is how I found him. Read the thread, it is just incredible work. I believe he also does welding work for Holland & Holland firearms when sent in for service and welding is required (in the US); I think that say a lot in conjunction with the workmanship shown on my P9S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom