• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    Can anyone suggest a good place to take the course? Interested in taking the course with my Wife

Thanks

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Can anyone suggest a good place to take the course? Interested in taking the course with my Wife

Thanks

And your general location ?

Yep this.

Also, what is your priority; quality training, cost, scheduling? There are many good instructors in Maryland; but if you want to do more training later, you might want to start with an outfit that trains other topics too.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    we have a class this Sunday in Taneytown. Bit of a drive but we run a much more active class than most...

This is what you want, an 'active' class. And from folks like BigT that offer more advanced training down the road. This way you are getting good HQL training, and getting to know them so you can decide if you want to stick with them for your W&C or other future training.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    If you have firearms experience you can bypass training exempt with a hunter safety course online!

I've taken both. They have different focus.
    HQL has more emphasis on use of handgun, including when to use deadly force, and home defense.
    On the other hand, hunter safety course focuses on the use of firearms in hunting, and handgun is not emphasized. Certainly all the safety principles apply.
    On the price, HQL costs $20-100, hunter safety $18.
    Time wise, HQL takes 4 hour in the class, hunter safety takes similar time.
    Unfortunately the 'live fire' part of my hunter safety course was nothing more than pointing a gun at a projected image and pulling the trigger, no bang.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am 1000% percent in favor of gaining useful skills and relevant knowledge . I am 1000% opposed to mandated impedements to Fundimental Rights .

I encourage everyone to seek great amounts of useful knowledge and relevant skills of their own volition .

But anything that can be done to mitigate inherently evil infringements on Fundimental Rights has as legit purpose . ( rant off , for at least next 5 minutes .)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I am 1000% percent in favor of gaining useful skills and relevant knowledge . I am 1000% opposed to mandated impedements to Fundimental Rights .

I encourage everyone to seek great amounts of useful knowledge and relevant skills of their own volition .

But anything that can be done to mitigate inherently evil infringements on Fundimental Rights has as legit purpose . ( rant off , for at least next 5 minutes .)

You might want to take the Hunter safety option which somewhat mitigates the evil infringement for HQL qualification. Then take a full blown handgun course for maximum useful knowledge.
    Hunter safety courses
    http://dnr.maryland.gov/nrp/Pages/hunter_education_classes.aspx
    Gun courses
    http://www.nrainstructors.org/search.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads