• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    I went to the fair the other night. Saw the signs not allowing knives, etc. Returned my totally legal folder to the car. Was checked before entering. Silly me, I could have bought a knife in the exhibition hall. Wonder if they would let me carry it around after my purchase???

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I went to the fair the other night. Saw the signs not allowing knives, etc. Returned my totally legal folder to the car. Was checked before entering. Silly me, I could have bought a knife in the exhibition hall. Wonder if they would let me carry it around after my purchase???

I have been to state fairs all over the US and it has only bee in Bmore where you have to have your bag searched and body wonded before you go in.

I was also really ticked off when we were walking and a family of 6-7 was right behind us dropping every obscenity in the book and making comments (in almost indistinguishable ebonics) about shooting someone because they deserved it. There must have been 2 dozen kids within easy listening distance and they didn't care at all.

Necessary Evil

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Last year , I got into a discussion with the security guards up front after I saw that. I also questioned the MSP at their booth. They both said it was state Fair policy , they set the rules . Pissed me off too, they're worried about my safety but making money renting space is just as important. Typical for Md, we should be used to it.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

Well, that wouldn't really be a problem, since you'd have to fill out the paperwork, and then, of course, there's the 6-day waiting period....and then, naturally, you have to pick them up from your local authorized MDEWL (Maryland Edged Weapon License) retailer.

Oh, wait...this is 2017, not 2019. Forget you read that.

;)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's a good thing because next thing you know at that location there'll be a whole show of nothing but weapons including guns, knives and swords!

Oh, wait...

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    I loved the no weapon policy as well.
    Even better to have metal detectors waved over my 3 small children and wife by the buffoon so called security detail they had on hand.

I walked a couple items back to my car before entering and read the no no's on the sign about No Drones, knives, ect.

And BEHOLD like what was mentioned before. They sell knives and cooking knives too. So my 3 inch blade was dwarfed by the 13 inch polished bad boy for $19.95.
    Oh no what is this !??! Someone is selling Drones too ????? Say WHAT !!!!!

What a joke.
    Guess the joke is on us..........

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I loved the no weapon policy as well.
    Even better to have metal detectors waved over my 3 small children and wife by the buffoon so called security detail they had on hand.

I walked a couple items back to my car before entering and read the no no's on the sign about No Drones, knives, ect.

And BEHOLD like what was mentioned before. They sell knives and cooking knives too. So my 3 inch blade was dwarfed by the 13 inch polished bad boy for $19.95.
    Oh no what is this !??! Someone is selling Drones too ????? Say WHAT !!!!!

What a joke.
    Guess the joke is on us

Unfortunately yes it is.:sad20:

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Yeah, these policies always made me laugh, when you can then waltz in and buy the very things they ban at the door. I don't go anymore, don't want my kids around the clientele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom