• I have no idea, but like answering polls

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've got two rifles: an M1A Scout in a Troy MCS Chassis (18" barrel), and an RFB Hunter (24" barrel). Both of these will eventually have ASR flash hiders, if you care about that. Both have BUIS.

I've got two scopes: a Pride Fowler RR-800-1 3-9x FFP and a Pride Fowler RR-800-2 10x FFP. Both of these are Japanese made (Kenko), have glass a notch above the SWFA SS scopes, and have a very good BDC reticle (not interested in a discussion of the merits of BDC reticles in this thread). Both of them will be mounted in ADM-Recon mounts.

Which scope on which rifle, and why? I need to sight both of them in, so I'd like to figure this out now.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    It depends on how you are planning on using the rifles. I am looking at barrel lengths, but because the RFB is a bullpup design, you could likely employ both in the same fashion. The RFB is shorter than the M1A in OAL?

Q

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It depends on how you are planning on using the rifles. I am looking at barrel lengths, but because the RFB is a bullpup design, you could likely employ both in the same fashion. The RFB is shorter than the M1A in OAL?
    I don't hunt, so I would say "range/tactical".

RFB OAL is 35", M1A is more like 40"+. RFB is a fair bit lighter, too.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Now you made it a tough call.... lol. The RFB from what I have seen from the website looks really interesting. Both can be employed similarly.

Q

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't like the 10x on either rifle. If you plan to use the hunter to hunt with, go variable. If it's for banging steel long range go 10x fixed. Go variable on the other rifle or go lower fixed...my 3%

EDIT: Saw you don't hunt so never mind that part.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'll second outrider. Both rifles used as suggested and patterned would need both ends of the magnification spectrum. I'd say lower power for the RFB as well.

I have a fixed 10x mil dot Nikon made Bushy. It is on a PSP 700 - I traded into it equipped with that scope. Good scope, I do like it. But closer shots can be problematic with the 10x. When I am rolling in $$$ I plan on variable glass.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I know very little about rifles, much less scopes and mounts and dope, oh-my!
    {wizard of oz reference}
    So I enjoy and appreciate learning from threads like these.

Going to take a shot in the dark and suggest fixed 10x for the M1A, and the 3-9x for the RFB, mostly because of the size differences and possible applications for each. I believe most M1A's are more accurate/capable longer range guns than the RFB, and the RFB is better suited for quicker/closer acquisition.

I like your question, not a lot of wiggle room, two specific rifles, two specific scopes. :D:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom