• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Can you explain what the difference is?

The .460 Rowland is a specially chambered barrel to take a thicker, 1/8" longer case that develops low end .44 Mag power in a .45 ACP pistol. It requires a muzzle brake and stiffer recoil spring to keep the slide from beating your frame to death.

The .960 Rowland kinda did the same thing with the 9mm. Extending the case by 4mm for more powder and higher pressures and using a muzzle brake. The .960 is able to get .357 Magnum level power with just a barrel and recoil spring swap.

The OP build is a Roland (not Rowland) build.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    The .460 Rowland is a specially chambered barrel to take a thicker, 1/8" longer case that develops low end .44 Mag power in a .45 ACP pistol. It requires a muzzle brake and stiffer recoil spring to keep the slide from beating your frame to death.

The .960 Rowland kinda did the same thing with the 9mm. Extending the case by 4mm for more powder and higher pressures and using a muzzle brake. The .960 is able to get .357 Magnum level power with just a barrel and recoil spring swap.

The OP build is a Roland (not Rowland) build.

Ahh thanks for the info....OP mentioned using +P rounds in his video the next time he gets to the range so that makes sense to me.

the "science" behind this is very intriguing to me

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    This was my concept " sort of like Roland "
    From 5 years ago. It's a gen 3 g34. With a milled slide for a 3moa Burris ff3.

It has a ported barrel and a threaded one as well for a suppressor. It's a fast shooting and accurate pistol. 8" plates at 100 yards are easy to hit with this set up

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpg
      IMG_3866.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 480

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    This was my concept " sort of like Roland "
    From 5 years ago. It's a gen 3 g34. With a milled slide for a 3moa Burris ff3.

It has a ported barrel and a threaded one as well for a suppressor. It's a fast shooting and accurate pistol. 8" plates at 100 yards are easy to hit with this set up

That's pretty much the concept, same OAL etc...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The g32 should make a nice compensated pistol. I'll turn mine into a Roland special .

The 357sig is powerful enough to benefit from a mini comp. it's also more flat shooting than a 9mm.

Now, I have to search for a threaded barrel.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    The official Roland Special is now available directly from ATEi, I also heard the name is now trademarked.. Got make the money while the interest is still there. Their gun sells for $2300 complete, by build (barebones essentials) is right around the $1750 mark.

http://ateiguns.com/product/roland-special/

Attachments

• DSC_0034.jpg
      DSC_0034.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 954
    • DSC_0015.jpg
      DSC_0015.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 452

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    the guy got liquored up and shot someone maybe by accident. anyone heard anything recently about this?

The guy Chuck shot was like his brother-in-law or cousin or something, and is okay. Chuck is back at work and, more importantly, getting the help he needs (so I've heard. I never met him).

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    The guy Chuck shot was like his brother-in-law or cousin or something, and is okay. Chuck is back at work and, more importantly, getting the help he needs (so I've heard. I never met him).

Did any of the legal stuff get resolved? The dude had a couple of felony charges filed. If I remember right he still blew .25 BAC an hour after he shot his sister's husband in the leg.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    the guy got liquored up and shot someone maybe by accident. anyone heard anything recently about this?

Did any of the legal stuff get resolved? The dude had a couple of felony charges filed. If I remember right he still blew .25 BAC an hour after he shot his sister's husband in the leg.

Ok so what are you all talking about, not sure where I got derailed but it went from talking Rowland and Compensators to someone getting liqured up and shooting someone. :shrug:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Ok so what are you all talking about, not sure where I got derailed but it went from talking Rowland and Compensators to someone getting liqured up and shooting someone. :shrug:

Roland was a person before a modified Glock. It's the nom de guerre of a (now) ex-Delta guy whose real name is Chuck _____. He designed the Roland Special. He left the army around January and within about 2 months shot his brother in law while drunk (not sure if he used a Roland Special or not!).

My most recent info was that his brother-in-law was not pressing charges and that he's in some sort of alcohol or substance abuse rehab, and I think also for PTSD. All of this info may be incorrect or incomplete, but is just what I heard.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It would suck to be a prohibited ex-Delta guy who wants to make a living modifying firearms. Hope it works out for him.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It would suck to be a prohibited ex-Delta guy who wants to make a living modifying firearms. Hope it works out for him.

He's more in the training and consulting end of the business (ATEi did his Glock, iirc), but I agree, that would definitely suck.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    She's done

Just got done with recountouring the frame and some stippling. Then a little paint to enhance the markings.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.jpg
      IMG_4657.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 275

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Still in the works. It’s in the back burner for now. The g32 slide is beautiful ng milled for an rmr. Two month wait.

I’m still trying to find a 357sig threaded barrel . It’s kinda hard to find nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom