• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I had to look back through my History of posts to remember, see post https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56399 . I was doing an inventory of my firearms for home owners insurance and noticed I was one short, then remembered I had dropped my 870 Remington off to have a ne stock installed on it back in 2009. I last called in 2011 and was told It would take some time to complete and would get a call when it was done. It's 6 years now and no call and I am concerned it has been lost. I will call at 10am today to get an update unless something at work comes not allowing me.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Per your original post, they quoted a year to refinish a stock? They could fell a tree, dry the wood, and fashion a whole new stock in that much time.

I hope that you have all of the serial numbers from the gun as if you can't get the gun back you should report it lost/stolen.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This is fascinating. Sounds like the brain I have...what? Where am I?

That store has moved operation to Hagerstown. I hope this ends well, but the odds are it will.

15411 National Pike Hagerstown Md 21740, Hagerstown, MD 21740
    (240) 347-4906

Maybe you'll end up on their Customer Feedback page, (LOL), where this guy is shown holding his pistol.

Attachments

• Not Proper Gun Handling.jpg
      Not Proper Gun Handling.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 846

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    The issue with losing track of it came from getting a divorce, my dad passing and my getting cancer mom then both knees replaced and moving to WV all distracted me till this weekend when I was moving things around and my mom mentioned how it going. It's one of those life came at me fast and many other thing took priority over a glorified shotgun.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One question? Receipt??? What has Hafers said? Hopefully you put a COA in with the post office when you move. If not then can you say "abandoned"? If they tried to notify you without success then bye bye gun. Good luck.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    One question? Receipt??? What has Hafers said? Hopefully you put a COA in with the post office when you move. If not then can you say "abandoned"? If they tried to notify you without success then bye bye gun. Good luck.

I called and they are looking for the paperwork. I don't know what my address has to with anything I dropped it off in person and my phone number hasn't changed in 11 years. Hell I might be the only person in WV that gives a Baltimore number as contact information. I have had guns worked on at Scott's and vallryguns2 in WV and both have called me when they were done. The gun smith in NY my dad used has done work for me and never needed my damn address. And yes the post office got a COA every time I moved.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I woukd think that the address would help them confirm its your shotgun...after 6 years, they probably have worked on maybe a few 870s....I wouldn't be upset with Tim needing an address, it was your fault, not his.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I woukd think that the address would help them confirm its your shotgun...after 6 years, they probably have worked on maybe a few 870s....I wouldn't be upset with Tim needing an address, it was your fault, not his.

So hold on, he did ask for an address and because he didn't ask that makes it my fault? Why the fk are people bringing up addresses? Again never been asked to give one out side of buying a firearm. If someone "needs" information then they need to ask for it.

So how the hell would information he didn't ask for help in the search for something?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So hold on, he did ask for an address and because he didn't ask that makes it my fault? Why the fk are people bringing up addresses? Again never been asked to give one out side of buying a firearm. If someone "needs" information then they need to ask for it.

So how the hell would information he didn't ask for help in the search for something?

I think the reason for an address would be: if someone tried to contact you about retrieving your property and couldn't reach you they would need to send a certified letter proving they tried to contact you.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I think the reason for an address would be: if someone tried to contact you about retrieving your property and couldn't reach you they would need to send a certified letter proving they tried to contact you.

And yet in 9 years total I was never called once, never get any mail. 6 years was just the last time I stopped in the shop and was told we will call when done. I have all updated info at that time.

I am still waiting on a phone call so I reserve judgement there, but saying it's my fault for not give information the wasn't asked for in the first place is getting under my skin.

I am trying to maintain my calm but some people aren't helping with that.

As I said before, all my contact information is the same now as it was when I dropped it off, from my email, phone number, mdshooters name, my name. I didn't receive and information on their move, and progress on the gun or anything. He was a one man operation when I dropped it off and all the gun smiths don't call for updates they'll call you blah blah blah. Now I do was I was asked and I'm in the wrong. So I'm in the wrong for calling and I'm in the wrong for not calling. Maybe you can see why I'm a little peeved at some people's responses.

If it's not there I'm out my first gun I got when I was 13 years old ( officially mine at 18) and a 400 dollar stock my father got for Christmas. So I'm giving them the chance, but people aren't helping.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Gunsmiths are required to keep a Log Book of ALL Firearm Repairs and place a Repair Tag EACH Firearm. The Log Book needs to have the Customers Name, Address, and Fireram Information.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Just thought I would add, its been SIX YEARS. I doubt they still have it. I would wager that at this point it would be considered abandoned property.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just thought I would add, its been SIX YEARS. I doubt they still have it. I would wager that at this point it would be considered abandoned property.
    Why? They said don't contact them when he last attempted in 2011, we'll contact you. They had his phone number. Did they keep records of attempts to contact the customer? I think the business will make it right, but from the current description, it sounds like they dropped the ball.

That being said, I hope the customer has a receipt or some sort of paper trail.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I called and they are looking for the paperwork. I don't know what my address has to with anything I dropped it off in person and my phone number hasn't changed in 11 years. Hell I might be the only person in WV that gives a Baltimore number as contact information. I have had guns worked on at Scott's and vallryguns2 in WV and both have called me when they were done. The gun smith in NY my dad used has done work for me and never needed my damn address. And yes the post office got a COA every time I moved.

What I was trying to get across is if you move (like you say you did) and you DO NOT put in a COA your mail is returned to sender MLNA! So if they mailed you notification then it was returned unclaimed. Phone #s can get lost or misplaced. And I do not know ANY dealers who do not need your address. That is verified by ID. That is why so there's no need to get pissy! Just trying to answer YOUR cry for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom