• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    hey guys , the ruger will reach out one mile but obviously there is nowhere to do that , i slapped on a semi junky spare 4x16x44 and im unhappy with it , i think going 600 or a thousand is reasonable , i was looking at a company called MTC they make an awesome range finder and they make scopes but only 6x any help is appreciated
    thanks
    jim

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I just got an XTR II 5-25x50 for mine. It's on it's way, but I'll let you know how it works out when it gets in. Bonus is, if you buy it before 7/31, you get a $100 rebate.

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    koollet me know , anyone watch the mtc vireo looking for opinions thanks carbon , you shoot at atg? im in white marsh

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Athlon BTR

hey guys , the ruger will reach out one mile but obviously there is nowhere to do that , i slapped on a semi junky spare 4x16x44 and im unhappy with it , i think going 600 or a thousand is reasonable , i was looking at a company called MTC they make an awesome range finder and they make scopes but only 6x any help is appreciated
    thanks
    jim

I have one of these 8-34x56 scopes and for the price it can't be beat. It's FFP with an outstanding reticle! Athlon has a lifetime warranty just like Vortex and they are great to deal with. They are a fairly new company in Kansas. I actually called them up and talked to them before I decided to make the purchase.
    https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optic...id=1500854824&sr=8-1&keywords=Athlon+btr+8-34

Here is a review.
    http://www.firearmsinsider.tv/gun-gear-reviews/2016/12/1/athlon-argos-btr-8-34x50-riflescope

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I have one of these 8-34x56 scopes and for the price it can't be beat. It's FFP with an outstanding reticle! Athlon has a lifetime warranty just like Vortex and they are great to deal with. They are a fairly new company in Kansas. I actually called them up and talked to them before I decided to make the purchase.
    https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optic...id=1500854824&sr=8-1&keywords=Athlon+btr+8-34

Here is a review.
    http://www.firearmsinsider.tv/gun-gear-reviews/2016/12/1/athlon-argos-btr-8-34x50-riflescope

I was looking at the Athlon scopes!! Someone did a pretty in depth, side-by-side comparison of them and the Gen II PST's, and if I remember correctly, you get a better scope for the money with an Athlon. I'm looking at getting into the Precision Rifle Series shoots though, and they haven't added Athlon to their approved manufacturer list yet for Production Class, and that's what I need to shoot in to be competitive to start:sad20:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I was looking at the Athlon scopes!! Someone did a pretty in depth, side-by-side comparison of them and the Gen II PST's, and if I remember correctly, you get a better scope for the money with an Athlon. I'm looking at getting into the Precision Rifle Series shoots though, and they haven't added Athlon to their approved manufacturer list yet for Production Class, and that's what I need to shoot in to be competitive to start:sad20:

Start at club/local level matches and have fun...don't worry about classing or competition.

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    ATG? Not familiar. My range is either PNTC or Delmarva sporting clays for pistol/rifle. I shoot skeet and trap at PG Skeet and Trap, or Loch Raven.

AGC IS IN MARRIOTTSVILE MD APPROX 33 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE IN WHITEMARSH THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT AND MY SPARE CAR KEY

Attachments

• Range Rules rev. 100416-1.pdf
      296.8 KB · Views: 195

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    Start at club/local level matches and have fun...don't worry about classing or competition.
    I USED TO COMPETE AND I JUST LOST THE URGE , JUST PULLED OUT MY CUSTOM BARRELLED 338 LAPUA CLEANING IT BUY MY SON HAS ALOT OF MY SCOPE (KIDS )JUST TURNED 21 DHS AGENT :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom