• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Just started a one man LLC. I need someone to guide me in the right direction tax wise. Please post recommendations.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Whatever recommendations you receive make sure you interview them first and ask to speak to a couple of their current clients, don't just take the first one to come down the pike. Every CPA that I've known, mine included, is a PIA. They think that they know everything about everything and oftentimes will tell you how to run YOUR business.

And whoever you choose, get them to run GoToMyPC or something equivalent so that they can do the routine stuff remotely. This will keep your office time spent with a CPA to a minimum and allow you to keep on killing something and bringing it home.

I wish you well.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Whatever recommendations you receive make sure you interview them first and ask to speak to a couple of their current clients, don't just take the first one to come down the pike. Every CPA that I've known, mine included, is a PIA. They think that they know everything about everything and oftentimes will tell you how to run YOUR business.

And whoever you choose, get them to run GoToMyPC or something equivalent so that they can do the routine stuff remotely. This will keep your office time spent with a CPA to a minimum and allow you to keep on killing something and bringing it home.

I wish you well.

After reading the first paragraph I'm also gonna suggest Fabsroman lol

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I wish you well.
    And we won't even get you started on lawyers.

Real news dies, fake news thrives.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And we won't even get you started on lawyers.

Real news dies, fake news thrives.

LOL.

I've been involved with over a dozen CPAs over the years in the various businesses that I have been involved in or owned and every one of them has been the same.

While the guy I use now is still a pain in my ass, we have come to an agreement that works. I don't tell him how to run a CPA firm and he doesn't tell me how to put in kitchens. He does a great job for me and that's why I continue to use him but he's also a big lib.

For the record, I don't know Fabsroman other than through this board, have never met him in person and couldn't pick him out of a line up. He may indeed be a fine CPA and attorney. I was only speaking of my previous experience.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fabs is an Attorney and CPA who specializes in small businesses and individuals.

And yes, another thumbs ☝.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If I had no lawyer or CPA available (I am married to a CPA so no need) I would have no issue contacting FABS. I have met him, and shot with him. He is a family man and cares about the important things. (mostly :rolleyes:)

I have never used his services, just first impressions.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    I sent him an email about an NFA trust (that I later learned through reading some posts on the NFA threads that he didn't handle) as well as establishing an LLC (which he did for a friend of mine). He called my referral to verify my connection but never responded to me, so I'm assuming he wasn't interested. I usually have to chase after clients/business, which means I'm not terribly inclined to chase a vendor so they can have my patronage.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I sent him an email about an NFA trust (that I later learned through reading some posts on the NFA threads that he didn't handle) as well as establishing an LLC (which he did for a friend of mine). He called my referral to verify my connection but never responded to me, so I'm assuming he wasn't interested. I usually have to chase after clients/business, which means I'm not terribly inclined to chase a vendor so they can have my patronage.

Where are you located? My guy is in Silver Spring but he comes up to HoCo and probably would go further for a decent client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom