• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Thanks.

So I signed up for Open this is what I plan on running.

Pistol: CZ-P09 with Lighta and 19rnd Factory Mag, RMR
    Rifle: DPMS GII RECON .308, 4-16 Scope, Bipod, 10,20,25rnd Mags. Can i Use my suppressor?

This will be my first 2 gun match so would this work?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    This will be my first 2 gun match so would this work?

in open, pretty much anything goes. what most folks use is a scope that goes down to a true 1x to be able to not get lost on close targets that are bunched together. also your 308 will have more recoil than the .223/5.56's so you will be a little less competitive. but bring what you got and you will have fun! not sure how much room is left, but hop on squad 2 and i'll be glad to show you the ropes.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Spots still available?

yes. also they are doing an idpa (one gun - handgun or pcc) this sunday. a one-gun match is prob a little better choice for your first match than a multiple-gun match, but not saying you can't start with 2 or 3 gun, some do.

https://practiscore.com/thurmont-sunday-feb-3-idpa-outlaw-match/register

if you register and answer the questions, the match director will prob get in touch with you to feel you out as to what if anything you might need to do your first match. whatever you register for, def let them know at signup and at each stage you're new to this and surely the rest of the squad will do what they can to help you out.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    How much is it?

What are the gun requirements?

Which caliber?

I would like to do one gun and handgun

yes. also they are doing an idpa (one gun - handgun or pcc) this sunday. a one-gun match is prob a little better choice for your first match than a multiple-gun match, but not saying you can't start with 2 or 3 gun, some do.

https://practiscore.com/thurmont-sunday-feb-3-idpa-outlaw-match/register

if you register and answer the questions, the match director will prob get in touch with you to feel you out as to what if anything you might need to do your first match. whatever you register for, def let them know at signup and at each stage you're new to this and surely the rest of the squad will do what they can to help you out.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    So it says

Shooters that have never competed have to observe a match?

So i cant participate on feb9th?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    22 degrees with wind gusts. This is going to be chilly. Almost wish it wasn't too late to withdraw. Hope the wind is gentle. See you boys put there.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    22 degrees with wind gusts. This is going to be chilly. Almost wish it wasn't too late to withdraw. Hope the wind is gentle. See you boys put there.

my fingers were frostbitten (or at least felt like that) after shooting the first stage. but with multiple layers, and the sun out in full, and the wind blocked a little in the bays, it wasn't too, too bad... most everyone cowboy'd up though, fullest match i think i've seen there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom