• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My P320 is my home defense gun so I clean it after every range trip or two depending on how much I've shot. I just field strip it and do the barrel, spring, guide rod, and run a brush with some cleaner inside the slide. Every few range trips I will take the fire control group out, brush it with some cleaner, and wipe off the excess. It's also a good time to clean out the grip frame and wipe off the takedown lever.

Except once you field strip and clean, how do you know it is back together correctly and will function?????

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The P320 MAY require a bit further strip and clean.

It is a striker fired pistol, not a hammer. And some people over on SIG Talk have reported excess lube in the striker channel from the factory, leading to light primer strikes.

But if you are not having problems, don't worry about this.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Except once you field strip and clean, how do you know it is back together correctly and will function?????

Because it's literally 4 pieces. Slide, barrel, guide rod, and spring. It's physically impossible to put it back together incorrectly. For the times I take the fire control group out it's only 3 more pieces. Again they can't be put back together incorrectly. Dry firing once it is reassembled confirms function.

Mwzephi

Dec 28, 2018
    Anne Arundel
    I just got the Winchester NATO rounds. My gun is for target and fun but home defense is 100% first. I also shot a Hi Point 9mm carbine and run the same ammo. Both guns have never had an issue but my HP gets dirty quick and so do my hands. If it’s more of an issue of you clean it more that’s okay but if it’s going to do any damage I need to consider that’s my concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom