• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    while I don't like it, I can't really blame them for taking them away with the loss of tax revenue due to the virus shut down and the up coming veto override of Kirwin. The entire state is going to be hit hard next year. I'd like to see them try an generate more funds by charging a premium to non county residents that want to use the dump rather then turn those customers away completely.

Landfills have a finite life, it will be full some day. At that point the county and all residents will be paying someone else to take their trash, or paying extra to construct a new one if a location can be found.

If they're doing their jobs, they have an idea when that point will come based on current usage and expected growth. Hopefully there's a plan for what happens next.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Wait, so the three years of tax I have been paying in Carroll County, I was supposed to get a dump pass? I moved to the county in 2017 and never received the pass. I wonder if this has anything to do with our trash removal here in my townhouse community. They have a bulk pickup day every so often.

Whenever the landfill ends up full, they should just build an incinerator. I would guess once it is full they will end up burning it all in Dickerson

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Wait, so the three years of tax I have been paying in Carroll County, I was supposed to get a dump pass? I moved to the county in 2017 and never received the pass. I wonder if this has anything to do with our trash removal here in my townhouse community. They have a bulk pickup day every so often.

Whenever the landfill ends up full, they should just build an incinerator. I would guess once it is full they will end up burning it all in Dickerson

It was on your tax assessments they mailed to you.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Landfills have a finite life, it will be full some day. At that point the county and all residents will be paying someone else to take their trash, or paying extra to construct a new one if a location can be found.

If they're doing their jobs, they have an idea when that point will come based on current usage and expected growth. Hopefully there's a plan for what happens next.

Just do the St Marys plan: send it somewhere else. The county collects it, goes over to Calvert, gets repackaged into larger trailers and hauled back through the county on its way to King George.

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017

Depending on how full the landfill is, it might be a good idea to start building that incinerator now. Incineration only gets rid of ~80% of your trash. If they can keep the ash from being a hazardous waste, they could then put it in the landfill, stretching out the life of the facility. But, that would require a capital expenditure now, in order to delay a future expenditure. If the budget is really so tight that they're cutting coupons to save $200K, they probably couldn't afford to build an incinerator without a tax increase or some other funding source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom