• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Silencershop has been beta testing eForm1s for a couple months now. Twice now that I remember, they've released a set amount. Unfortunately they seem to sell out in minutes or seconds, otherwise I'd be doing 2 or 3 more through them.
    Allow me to be brutally honest with you. Do the electronic Form 1 on your own at the ATF eform site. Embrace the suck and do it. 17-35 day turn around is a beautiful thing. I'm down to 8 minutes to complete a Form 1 electronically.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Allow me to be brutally honest with you. Do the electronic Form 1 on your own at the ATF eform site. Embrace the suck and do it. 17-35 day turn around is a beautiful thing. I'm down to 8 minutes to complete a Form 1 electronically.

Understand the sentiment but Silencershop does my single shot trusts for me, fingerprints, etc. I have plenty of NFA items to keep me busy until they get themselves sorted out or I end up having time to order fingerprinting supplies, figure out how to fingerprint myself, and get a normal trust set up. 2 of the items I need to eventually SBR are set up as pistols for now and doing fine, and I haven't 100% decided which shotgun I own is going to become an SBS and host the SilencerCo Salvo that I'll probably be waiting on for another 6-8 months.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Understand the sentiment but Silencershop does my single shot trusts for me, fingerprints, etc. I have plenty of NFA items to keep me busy until they get themselves sorted out or I end up having time to order fingerprinting supplies, figure out how to fingerprint myself, and get a normal trust set up. 2 of the items I need to eventually SBR are set up as pistols for now and doing fine, and I haven't 100% decided which shotgun I own is going to become an SBS and host the SilencerCo Salvo that I'll probably be waiting on for another 6-8 months.

fingerprints are easy.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Lots of things in life are easy. Cheap, too. All they cost is time.

While I can only speak for myself, as I've gotten older and more accomplished in my field, I am becoming increasingly concerned over the time and quality factors, and more willing to focus less on the money factor. :rolleyes:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

Just submitted my first form 1 for an SBR.

Was easy to complete, pay and submit. At this point do I wait for them to send me the form to attach prints to? What do I need to do to get the prints to them? I got a "draft" copy of my submitted form, but don't see anything to mail prints with.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just submitted my first form 1 for an SBR.

Was easy to complete, pay and submit. At this point do I wait for them to send me the form to attach prints to? What do I need to do to get the prints to them? I got a "draft" copy of my submitted form, but don't see anything to mail prints with.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
    You'll get a cover letter in your email. Print it out and take 2 fingerprint cards to the post office and mail the cover letter and prints to the address on the cover letter. Do it asap. You have 10 days to mail the prints to them. You are required to use the FBI fingerprint cards.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    You'll get a cover letter in your email. Print it out and take 2 fingerprint cards to the post office and mail the cover letter and prints to the address on the cover letter. Do it asap. You have 10 days to mail the prints to them. You are required to use the FBI fingerprint cards.

Thanks! So far I have gotten two emails - one was the Application Submission Notification and another about 2 hours later, just a "Welcome to the ATF eForms system". I presume a third should follow with the cover letter over the next day or so.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks! So far I have gotten two emails - one was the Application Submission Notification and another about 2 hours later, just a "Welcome to the ATF eForms system". I presume a third should follow with the cover letter over the next day or so.
    Look for the one that has a pdf attachment. One of the attachments will be the cover letter with a bar code near the top.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    So I realize why my cover letter hasn’t arrived. I have a DDM4V7P, but in their drop down menus, they only have it as a 300blk and no option for 5.56, so I added my own.

This has caused them to go into “pending research” mode, because now they have to make sure my firearm actually exists.

Sigh. Anyone ever have this happen and know the approx turnaround time?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My dealer emailed me to let me know that the stamp just showed up for a TurboK I ordered in December. Will be curious to see when it was actually approved.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    So I realize why my cover letter hasn’t arrived. I have a DDM4V7P, but in their drop down menus, they only have it as a 300blk and no option for 5.56, so I added my own.

This has caused them to go into “pending research” mode, because now they have to make sure my firearm actually exists.

Sigh. Anyone ever have this happen and know the approx turnaround time?

I had it happen a few years ago. Its not really a big deal and at the time it only added a few weeks to the wait.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    eForms Form 1

Trust, 1 Responsible Person

Short Barreled Rifle

Submitted: 5/28/20
    Prints received: 6/1/20
    Examiner emailed: 6/24/20:
    Good morning,

I am working your EFORM 1 application. Please load another copy of the Responsible Person Questionnaire. The one in there won’t open. Please let me know when this is completed.

Thanks!
    New RP form 5320.23 uploaded: 6/25/20
    Approved: 6/26/20

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Grrr. This is making my more-than-two-months-and-counting e-1 wait even more maddening!
    Was it SilencerShop?
    I'm hearing that SilencerShop screwed the pooch on this one. There are a lot of people who submitted Form 1s through SS that are having this delay. Sorry to hear.
    I’ve ordered several suppressors through SilencerShop and was happy with their process, if not the 8-11 month wait.

I’m still not sure their E-service makes any sense for me. I’d done ATF eForms for a trust pre-41F, and just last month under the new regime with Responsible Person forms, photos and prints. Once I made myself a set of scanned prints and can crank them out on blue cards, eForms is the way to go.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Was it SilencerShop?

Yes. They already had my prints from a previous (and quite satisfactory) transaction. I had no reason to expect that their Form 1 e-file on my behalf would be any different than one done entirely by me ... and for the cost of a pizza, it was easy while I was making the parts purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom