• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Speaking of ideal rifle.

I’ve recently invested in a spikes tactical st-t2 heavy buffer. And a strike industries flat wire carbine spring.

I was gonna run them individually on different rifles, but after thinking about it, they would probably make for a solid combination on the same rifle, correct?

16 inch barrel, mid length gas system, shooting full power .556. Unsuppressed for now.

Thoughts from you gurus? 1st build I’m working on here.

Will that combo also when well on the same gun once suppressed?

The extra weight will help when running suppressed. If you still feel like the gun is overgassed, you may need an adjustable gas block. I don’t know about strike springs, I use Tubbs or Sprinco.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The extra weight will help when running suppressed. If you still feel like the gun is overgassed, you may need an adjustable gas block. I don’t know about strike springs, I use Tubbs or Sprinco.

that's what was thinking as well doc. The old man has run a strike flat spring and loves them. I take it you're a fan of flat wire springs ?

the heavy buffer is going in a build i plan to eventually suppress, but wasn't sure how well it would do in an unsuppressed rifle, as i'm used to standards.

im still a rookie :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doc, have you any experience or thoughts on the geissele braided 42 system ?

I don't. I have been happy with Tubbs. More recently, Clandestine has been recommending Sprinco. I just got 5 in. Going to put them in the rifles without Tubbs springs.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I don't. I have been happy with Tubbs. More recently, Clandestine has been recommending Sprinco. I just got 5 in. Going to put them in the rifles without Tubbs springs.

Sprinco are great. They have a wide range of spring rates so you can do some tuning. They aren't into flat springs, though.

I haven't heard any complaints about Tubb springs. I'll being trying a couple of them shortly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sprinco are great. They have a wide range of spring rates so you can do some tuning. They aren't into flat springs, though.

I haven't heard any complaints about Tubb springs. I'll being trying a couple of them shortly.

The Sprinco company really impresses with their dedication to quality. I also got a bunch of their extractor springs, though the 5 coil seem a little tight in my Colt bolts. I had to order a few of the 4 coil. From the company's data, I will never need to replace those springs....ever.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    The Sprinco company really impresses with their dedication to quality. I also got a bunch of their extractor springs, though the 5 coil seem a little tight in my Colt bolts. I had to order a few of the 4 coil. From the company's data, I will never need to replace those springs....ever.

So you settled on the 4 coil for Colt bolts?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here ya go (not mine; a pic from the Internet)

Attachments

• Heckler-and-Koch-HK91-in-308-Win_100896105_330_6358BDA3A11BDBF0.jpg
      Heckler-and-Koch-HK91-in-308-Win_100896105_330_6358BDA3A11BDBF0.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 439

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    This quarantine had me build just that, my version of the perfect do-all rifle for the current situation.

I have many others like it, but this is prob my favorite.

Attachments

• A41F0869-6AB6-4176-9E8B-63A5718953EB.jpg
      A41F0869-6AB6-4176-9E8B-63A5718953EB.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 417

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I don't own any long guns at the moment but I feel a lever action may be a good option. Reasonable rate of fire, 30-30 has plenty of stopping power, can be reloaded while maintaining fire and is more likely to fly under the radar.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I don't own any long guns at the moment but I feel a lever action may be a good option. Reasonable rate of fire, 30-30 has plenty of stopping power, can be reloaded while maintaining fire and is more likely to fly under the radar.

Or in 357 and pair it with a nice revolver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom