• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Anyone around laPlata have a gen 3 Glock 17 slide and barrel I could Barrow for a few days?

I have a project I will be working on after the holidays. I would like to Barrow the slides and barrel to test fit. No rounds will be fired trough your barrel/slide.
    I just want to test and tune my project before I buy my own slide and barrel.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What? No volunteers? No body wants to lend major portions of their firearm to a stranger? Amazing :lol2:
    No one asked for smart ass comets.
    But since you felt the need to put you unless comets here, I will respond to them.

If it where the s/n that would be the major part of the gun and would be what could cause issue. The slide and barrel are not guns so not sure big issue.

Since this is only a fitting if someone offered to meet at a gun friendly place so I could do the test fit right there that would work too. Only reason asked for few days is in case I had to make changes to my frame I have all the tools at home to do it.

for the comment about you maybe using yours.
    I know several people with additional slides for their Glock so they can change caliber only issue is theirs is the Glock 23. I know people with 22 lr slides for their 1911. Since the Glock 17 frame is the same one for 17, 22 and 31 and there is a 22 slide available for the Glock 17 frame. Sure others have a compatible slide and Barrel that they are not using right now

If no one is kind enough to give me a hand with this project. I will still build it and in a few weeks when more money comes available I will start the slide build part. Or if I can find a used one in my price range I Will buy it then fit and finish it with out worry. It would just be nice to know I have the frame right before I spend the money for the second part of the build. That way I can make adjustments or if total wrong I could scrap it and not have spend lot of money of the upper yet.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have a g22 if you want to come by and try the slide. May even consider selling it to you if interested.

Where are you at? Is your slide a gen 3?

It won't be until after the holidays untill the parts for the first portion of this project will be here and then I have to build it.

I am kind of set on the 17 slide. I am thinking that the 17 will be replacing my Glock 19.

I have a factory Glock 19 and I custom built a Glock 23 from battery Parts in some aftermarket parts that I really like and intend to keep.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If a Gen3 31 barrel/slide would fit your needs, I'll offer up mine.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The 31 should work. Since they are on the 17 size frame

Where are you located?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Over in Calvert.

Could probably meet you over at MG on a weekend, the 31 is minus sights at the moment - so I'm not too worried about anyone putting rounds thru it. ;)

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    I am in clarksville, but get to nanjemouy with some frequency.

Given the early tennor of replies I wanted you to know that there are people out here interested in helping you.

Sounds like you now have some closer options that will serve the need.:thumbsup:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    That would be great.
    it won't be until after the new year when all my parts get in. Then I have to build my project

I can use my g19 slide as collateral if you would like.

Sights don't mater since it is only going to be used as test fit.
    What I intend to do is try it with you there if it works then all is great if not i would like to take your upper with me to adjust the lower until it works ok.

Could this work for you?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I didn't see this util today. I will be out of town until after the New Year. If you still need a slide and barrel I have both in a Glock 17, Gen 2 or 3, I'm not positive which Gen.

I saw Brad offered one up as well, between the both of us, we should be able to get you what you need.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Thanks guys I appreciate the help and will pm you when I am at the point of test fitting.

I think the poly80 will be here Saturday ( not holding my breath) and the lower parts be here by the 31.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That would be great.
    it won't be until after the new year when all my parts get in. Then I have to build my project

I can use my g19 slide as collateral if you would like.

Sights don't mater since it is only going to be used as test fit.
    What I intend to do is try it with you there if it works then all is great if not i would like to take your upper with me to adjust the lower until it works ok.

Could this work for you?

Sounds good.

I've done 'a few' of the Poly80 frames now - and only 1 required a slight tweak for slide fitment, the locking block rails were a touch wider than preferred. So you should be in decent shape.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Midway USA has a sale on Glock parts and got in the slide parts.so I ordered everything but the sights to build my own g17 slide.

I couldn't pass up the deer a complete slide less sights for just $325 shipped and a barrel channel liner tool.

Now just have to find set of Glock sights

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I apologize for the smart ass post. Yours just caught me off guard. Never have read of someone asking this favor before, from strangers. I applaud those that came forward to take you up on your offer. Best of luck to you with the build. Sounds like Glocks are turning into the newest build it yourself gun like the AR's. Again, I am sorry for the comment, I am not a jerk just possess a twisted sense of humor.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    It is ok.
    I understand that it is a strange request but there are a lot of great people on here and willing to help others out when they can.
    If things went fine with it going on that would have been end of it. Because of the nature of the laws I can't legally take it to someone house and work on it there they may consider it a building party and that was ruled by atf as illegal. I guess too many people where having them and the owners not doing the work them self.

If questions I want to be able to say honest all work was done at my house using my personal tools. I know it would be almost impossible to prove otherwise unless someone rats out or pictures showing other wise..
    That is only reason I would want to carry their slide. Home if it didn't fit straight away.

As stated I offered up collateral if needed.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I got my g17 all together and fitted. I will say for a budget (if you can call it that) it is smooth as if not smoother then the factory flocks I have.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I actually just got done doing a V2 full-frame for the 31, so it can go back into rotation with the 32. P80 has made this nearly childs play.

Took me longer to find all my full-size parts in the storage drawer than it did to knock out the frame. *Actually, getting the new sights in and lined up took longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom