• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Now you have me wondering. It's been a while since I had one apart. I know there was a chunk of pot metal cast to the barrel that held it in place and my memory wants to say it was attached to the S/N lug but I'm probably wrong.

I may be wrong too. I did some research on line a while ago about threading the barrel on my 9mm Hi Point (i have a can in jail), and i thought i read they were removable. I was looking at Tornado Tech to do threading.

I'll dig in some more and find out for sure

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I just found out that Hi Point is finally making a 10mm carbine. I cant wait for this thing to hit the market, its going to be an awesome deer rifle for the thick woods i hunt in :party29:

Not sure the 10mm can reach the minimum muzzle energy requirements of a rifle in the Hi Point. I know it will work; just not sure it meets MD's arcane and outdated regulations.

Rifles used for deer hunting must use ammunition developing a muzzle energy of at least 1,200 foot pounds.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    True. Even the boutique ammo is only around 750foot pounds out of a pistol. Should do better in a rifle but not that much better.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Chevellnut and I just came back from the Big 3 East event and the IV8888 shoot and we had a chance to shoot the Just Right 10mm carbine.

This was my first time shooting a Just Right Carbine and i have to say, i really liked it. The 10mm carbine is the ticket. Now i just need to get my hands on one :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 464

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I have the Hi-Point Carbine in 40 S&W. Nice gun! I have beaucoup brass because the local police dept. uses 40 S&W and doesn't pick up their brass.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Chevellnut and I just came back from the Big 3 East event and the IV8888 shoot and we had a chance to shoot the Just Right 10mm carbine.

This was my first time shooting a Just Right Carbine and i have to say, i really liked it. The 10mm carbine is the ticket. Now i just need to get my hands on one :thumbsup:

My father has the 9mm its an exceptionally simple, effective gun. Probably going to get one sometime this year either in 9mm or .45 but a 10mm conversion kit would be tempting.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Exactly 6 months after the OP i picked up my 10mm from Gary at High Rock.

I went straight from his shop to the range and shot a few mags out of the gun. I actually like this Hi Point much more than the 45 and 9mm. More power than the 9mm and softer recoil than the 45

Stay tuned and we will do a full review :party29:

https://instagram.com/p/Bgeh_jhhrHj/

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Exactly 6 months after the OP i picked up my 10mm from Gary at High Rock.

I went straight from his shop to the range and shot a few mags out of the gun. I actually like this Hi Point much more than the 45 and 9mm. More power than the 9mm and softer recoil than the 45

Stay tuned and we will do a full review :party29:

https://instagram.com/p/Bgeh_jhhrHj/

I’m looking forward to the review.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Its a shame highpoint went with custom mags when they started out instead of using 1911 mags. A 10mm carbine and 10mm 1911 that could share mags would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom