• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Did anyone go to the WW II weekend at Eisenhower Farm? I forgot it was this weekend and missed it :(

Yes Sir!
    There was a lot of participation. I've never seen so many real Jeeps in one place. Many vehicles, including several Canadian Gun Carriers and several motorcycles. There was a Matchless, Indian, and Harley all parked together. A couple of other Harleys and Indians.
    Everyone was quite talkative and willing to show everything.
    There was a display of firearms with just about every pistol and rifle from both sides. I liked the early G-43, of course.

Had a good laugh as some Cub Scouts were getting to play on a 1/4 ton truck with a Browning on it, a "no fun" dad was telling his son to get off and not lean on things because he'd bend them. LOL. I think if Privates couldn't break it in the 1940s, a 9 YO boy ain't gonna hurt it. :lol2:

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Had a good laugh as some Cub Scouts were getting to play on a 1/4 ton truck with a Browning on it, a "no fun" dad was telling his son to get off and not lean on things because he'd bend them. LOL. I think if Privates couldn't break it in the 1940s, a 9 YO boy ain't gonna hurt it. :lol2:

Reminded me of a Scout Jamboree I went to as a kid. It was a military themed event and the Army had a helicopter fly in for us to climb around. Well it only lasted a few minutes due to someone causing a fuel leak.

The pilot had a couple choice words about how many missions it flew in Vietnam with no problems but couldn't last 5 minutes with the Boy Scouts.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yes Sir!
    There was a lot of participation. I've never seen so many real Jeeps in one place. Many vehicles, including several Canadian Gun Carriers and several motorcycles. There was a Matchless, Indian, and Harley all parked together. A couple of other Harleys and Indians.
    Everyone was quite talkative and willing to show everything.
    There was a display of firearms with just about every pistol and rifle from both sides. I liked the early G-43, of course.

Sounds like a great show, it totally slipped by my mind this year. We lucked out the last time we were there though. It was pretty slow due to bad weather and i had my two young sons with me. One of the guys with a jeep offered us joy ride around the area and we jumped on the oppurtunity :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom