• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If these people like Kipke, Rey,Szlegia and others are so proud of their support of and of their NRA A+ratings why would they go against what the NRA is stating?

As of March 16th 2018 from the NRA -ILA state page (link below)

"Currently pending action in the Senate is House Bill 1302 and Senate Bill 707. Please contact your state Senator and strongly urge them to OPPOSE HB 1302 and SB 707.

House Bill 1302 would create an “Extreme Risk Prevention Order” that would allow almost anyone to petition the court for an ex parte order to remove someone’s Second Amendment rights if they consider the individual to be a danger to themselves or others simply because the individual possesses a firearm. This legislation lacks basic due process protections and is ripe for abuse.

Senate Bill 707 makes it a crime to knowingly possess a “rapid fire trigger activator” or a device that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm. The broad and overreaching provisions in this legislation could potentially criminalize firearm modifications such as competition triggers, and ergonomic changes that are commonly done by law-abiding gun owners to make their firearms more suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, or even overcoming disability.

Again, please contact your state Senator and strongly urge them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 707 and House Bill 1302."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180316/maryland-multiple-gun-control-bills-on-the-move

Because your rights mean less to them than their political gains. And their actually anti and it slipped out

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    All these pathetic BS excuses, I still say they're all giving cover to Hogan because hes anti 2A or deep down inside they're anti 2 A themselves or is it he doesn't want to go against it because the D's will use it against him because he's worrying about getting his ass reelected. Either way it's all total BS. How can anyone defend this behavior by these people who are supposed to be pro 2A.......oh I know it's just politicts, give me a freaking break. Does anyone stand on principles anymore?????
    It's not about the people it about the money

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    He already voted for it on final passage in the House 3rd reader. If the Senate passes this bill without any amendments, it goes straight to the Governor.

Again, he has already voted on the final passage of the bill out of the House, there is no other vote by the House unless the Senate makes substantitive changes.

I smell smoke and my ass is warm.

so are you saying their will be no amendments

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Pleased to report we had about 20 COMMITTED Patriots on the Bricks with our SPECIFIC sign messaging of our position on this detestable Red Flag bill in the Senate.

We will be posting many pictures later (thank you MarkGrutz, our Patriot Picket photographer!).

We did not capture every lobbying conversation but you will see me in at least a half dozen “walk-and-talk” conversations with key senators. All totaled, I had more than a dozen conversations with Senators to register our displeasure with this bill.

The result: we have a PP delegation visiting a KEY judiciary senator’s office tomorrow to discuss this despicable “interested persons” clause. But we will not stop there. Our effort will be to point out the many tricks and traps that make this a recipe for disaster in MD.

In the meantime, here is our Mrs Rab1515 with Delegate Jason Buckel, who voted AGAINST this POS bill. He led a stand-up fight to strip to the “interested person” clause but failed. But our hats are off to him.

Attachments

• 699F8618-C3CC-4280-8B6B-8640DCBD4760.jpg
      699F8618-C3CC-4280-8B6B-8640DCBD4760.jpg
      133.2 KB · Views: 338
    Last edited:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Pleased to report we had about 20 COMMITTED Patriots on the Bricks with our SPECIFIC sign messaging of our position on this detestable Red Flag bill in the Senate.

We will be posting many pictures later (thank you MarkGrutz, our Patriot Picket photographer!).

We did not capture every lobbying conversation but you will see me in at least a half dozen “walk-and-talk” conversations with key senators. All totaled, I had more than a dozen conversations with Senators to register our displeasure with this bill.

The result: we have a PP delegation visiting a KEY judiciary senator’s office tomorrow to discuss this despicable “interested persons” clause. But we will not stop there. Our effort will be to point out the many tricks and traps that make this a re open for disaster in MD.

In the meantime, here is our Mrs Rab1515 with Delegate Jason Buckel, who voted AGAINST this POS bill. He led a stand-up fight to strip to the “interested person” clause but failed. But our hats are off to him.

Now that's a fine looking woman.

SW686

MDS Supporter
    Jul 25, 2012
    I couldn't believe it when I saw that Deb Rey and the other St. Mary's County delegates voted for this abomination.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

The result: we have a PP delegation visiting a KEY judiciary senator’s office tomorrow to discuss this despicable “interested persons” clause. But we will not stop there. Our effort will be to point out the many tricks and traps that make this a re open for disaster in MD.

I don't know how you all are able to find/make the time to keep doing this, but we cannot thank you enough :bowdown: The little participation Katie and I are able to contribute is a bit of a strain. It's especially frustrating because we shouldn't have to be rearranging our lives to do this. The Constitution is supposed to protect us, not the other way around :mad54:

Keep up the good fight :mdpatriot:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    and not responding to emails not normal for he nor the governor that's normal for them
    It's shame, esp for the legislators. They know they've sold us out - weighing the potential loss of 2A support against the fear of people that they think will turn out to vote against them if they don't pass a bump stock ban and the hearsay driven gun confiscation bill. Perhaps they think they're helping Hogan too, and can appeal to our sense of reason when all is said and done. They're calibrating their rationalizations for when they re-establish contact with the 2A community.

My wife and I have donated to some of these out of district candidates in the past. No more. We have a long memory when it comes to certain issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Does the apology from Mr. Mautz mean we need to once again send letters opposing HB1302 to House Members and make another trip to Office Depot for more printer cartridges?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    LULZ. You have to pass a bill to know whats in it. Or something.

Could be wrong, but there is no further crossover. House and Senate passed identical versions of the rapidly triggered snowflake activator ban.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So... is he saying that he didn't read the Bill and counted on the leadership to TELL HIM HOW TO VOTE? Is that what I'm reading?

WOW!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    LULZ. You have to pass a bill to know whats in it. Or something.

Could be wrong, but there is no further crossover. House and Senate passed identical versions of the rapidly triggered snowflake activator ban.

For HB888, that's accurate. But HB1302 is still in SJPC on the Senate side, and could be amended.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    After Parkland, the antis' (Bloomberg) nationwide campaign was so well coordinated and overwhelming that it took America hostage and distracted everyone from the real human causes of the tragic event. They displaced a reasonable debate and discussion with a tsunami of emotion-driven, knee-jerk overreactions.

Our 2A legislators developed Stockholm Syndrome.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    How could he say that with a straight face when pro-2A people testified against them? Lol at this shit show.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    After Parkland, the antis' (Bloomberg) nationwide campaign was so well coordinated and overwhelming that it took America hostage and distracted everyone from the real human causes of the tragic event. They displaced a reasonable debate and discussion with a tsunami of emotion-driven, knee-jerk overreactions.

Our 2A legislators developed Stockholm Syndrome.

Oh, cmon. Banning rifles for 18-20 year olds and "gun violence restraining orders" has been on the Bloomberg and Giffords radar for years. Their strategy is to focus on small winnable bites like background checks and GVROs and make incremental progress. Organized knee jerk campaigns is what the anti gunners have done for years. This was nothing new.

NRA got complacent because they thought they had Trump in the bag. They totally got their shit handed to them IN FLORIDA of all places. Where is our incremental progress? I am not feeling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom