• SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    26239139_10156011205852378_2336336609956058568_n.jpg

Sootch: "two thumbs........ way up"

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Thought one had to be purchased in order for it to be submitted to the handgun roster board
    I was joking about IP being Internet protocol address.

In terms of rosters most new guns are submitted by makers. When it comes to guns designed for carry though, given the roster states are also "may issue," and very tiny relative markets for carry guns, this is likely very very low priority for Sig. S&W for example I believe has not even submitted shield m2.0 to Maryland roster.

This will probably show up on Massachusetts roster first, since it just uses independent labs and can be done quickly --that's good for DC people as it will be ok for them a lot faster than Md process.

I don't think there is an effective way for a DC resident to get one on Md roster without taking a lot longer than it will take to show up on Mass roster

My prediction:
    Mass roster: (suitable for DC residents) probably about two months
    Md Roster probalby six months
    Cali roster: never

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like Sig’s. Have several. But they are too late to the party with the 365. Several years ago I asked/begged for a Sig striker fired pistol the size of a 938. Got tired of waiting and purchased a Performance Center Shield. Already added TFX sights. Total invested was less than the 365 MSRP and it’s been on my hip for 2 years.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I like Sig’s. Have several. But they are too late to the party with the 365. Several years ago I asked/begged for a Sig striker fired pistol the size of a 938. Got tired of waiting and purchased a Performance Center Shield. Already added TFX sights. Total invested was less than the 365 MSRP and it’s been on my hip for 2 years.

sounds like you got a great firearm. but the 365 is not merely an entry into an existing market, it is a monster game changer with that new mag design hybird between double and single, it is not going to compete on price or time to market, but on much more capacity in a smaller high quality gun.

So they saw a market and decided rather then enter another same as the others, they would design and test a very different highly optimized space magazine and build a gun to work with it, all while defeating the largest maker in the DoD competition with another game changer modular swappable fire control group gun line as well.

The camp wetting their pants is not S&W but Glk corporate. The can grumble and mumble and "bore axis" and "drop test" all day long whele they watch Sig drink their milkshake

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Anything for a dollar

I thought he was on CZ-USA's payroll? :lol2:

I'm somewhat interested in the P365 but, like any new pistol, in no huge hurry to get my hands on one. More than happy to wait until more reviews and owner feedback is available. Cool piece, though.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    This is a very interesting offering from Sig and has good potential. For me, I'm a little hesitant to have a carry gun that forgoes not one but ALL safety mechanisms that have been put in place over the years. There isn't even a trigger toggle on this thing. I'm cool with a DA/SA trigger pull and actually prefer it but do understand that it wouldn't be possible to incorporate into this small of a design.

The weight numbers are a bit deceiving with this gun. While it is very light, the addition of 3-4 additional rounds over the shield/glock/etc is going to make this gun heavier than everything else in practice.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I thought he was on CZ-USA's payroll? :lol2:

I'm somewhat interested in the P365 but, like any new pistol, in no huge hurry to get my hands on one. More than happy to wait until more reviews and owner feedback is available. Cool piece, though.

MD roster process will take care of that for you.:D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just don't get it. It holds two less than my P320 subcompact and it can't be that much smaller. Probably still has that same Sig wide slide on it.
    They act like they're reinventing the subcompact pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Just don't get it. It holds two less than my P320 subcompact and it can't be that much smaller. Probably still has that same Sig wide slide on it.

It is not subcompact (P320 is 40% larger in raw volume and 33% heavier), it is smaller than subcompact. P365 is smaller or equal to g43, Shield, XDs.

p365: L 5.8, H 4.3, W 1, 18oz, cap 10/12+1
    p320 sc: L 6.7, H 4.7, W 1.1, 25oz, cap 10/12/more +1

Way smaller in every dimension and measure.

This gun, if it has no major problem, is a single stack striker market killer.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD

One inch width.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    FYI some of the major Sig retailers are now offering pre-order at $499 to $529, and that is with night sights and two mags. sportsman has it pre-order for 530 with free shipping

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom