• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We just received our first of the 2017 Colt Cobra revolvers. These were announced at the beginning of the year, but they have just starting making their way into the wild.

Be the first to have one in your area.

Price: $SOLD
    Available: 0

Attachments

• colt cobra.jpg
      colt cobra.jpg
      98 KB · Views: 630
    • colt cobra 2.jpg
      colt cobra 2.jpg
      109.2 KB · Views: 636
    Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dan, you rock. They might have gotten the green light to ramp up production. The serial number on the one in your picture is a big jump from others that I've seen (including the one that I was lucky to source).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Should get Kydex holsters molded from one if you have the capability. Folks at the Colt forum are clamoring to find holsters that fit. The old Colt Detective Special holsters are close, but a little small. Otherwise there are no commercial options at this point.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Should get Kydex holsters molded from one if you have the capability. Folks at the Colt forum are clamoring to find holsters that fit. The old Colt Detective Special holsters are close, but a little small. Otherwise there are no commercial options at this point.

Now you tell me ;)

Maybe the next one. This one has been paid for.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you were closer, I would drop off mine so you could keep for a few weeks to do whatever is needed (get the equipment, etc).

I was able to squeeze the new Cobra into a Galco holster that accommodates the Detective Special, but the trigger guard is pretty tight against the tensioning screw/roller pin. While the pistol is secure and draws without pulling the whole holster with it, it's like me trying to wear skinny jeans. Just doesn't look right.

7c6b573cdc3db1c059093ac1122f5085.jpg
    420fa9c39a6f890404f54b7a478039b9.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fidelity that looks pretty darn good to me!
    Thank you. Pic didn't capture it, but the trigger guard is noticeably pushing into the tension screw sleeve, such that I worry about wear and warpage at that point. This contact is necessary to push the pistol deep enough into the holster to better cover the trigger guard. If there were a little more leather in this area to accommodate the trigger guard, it would still be secure. Anyway it's usable for now, but I will be on the lookout for other options (not that I get to carry much, or this is higher than my PPS M2 or SP101 as a carry preference).

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    Colt may be out of business one day, but that's going to be a terrible day for America.
    The name is worth what people will pay for the product.
    If the product is not worth the cost or what the consumer wants the name has no value.
    I bought the Colt Cobra.
    Not sure if I'm going to shoot it or not, but it's going to be in my safe for me to decide.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I bought the Colt Cobra.
    Not sure if I'm going to shoot it or not, but it's going to be in my safe for me to decide.

Congrats. You've got to shoot it. I think the Colt engineers and gunsmiths had total control in this rerelease of the Detective Special in Cobra clothing. The smooth double action pull will remind you that is a Colt, and the single-action is fantastic as to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom