• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Yeah, I have my bad moments too. Nobody is perfect and I am far from it even though I try my hardest at being good.

My dad and I had such a good time last year, that I will not miss it this year. I did not know that he had such a great time until I asked my parents to watch the kids on the 5th so my wife and I could attend. My dad was on one phone in the house and my mom was on the other, and they were both talking to me. My dad asked my mom if she could watch the kids herself so he could come with me. I was somewhat shocked. When I told my wife about the pig roast on the 5th, she said "Oh, I have off that weekend. I want to come and meet all these people you talk about." That prompted the call to my parents for baby sitting.

Unless disaster strikes, I will be there on May 5th. I hope to meet you too. I'll try to wear my MDS name tag from eruby. Last year, I missed a lot of people because I sat at a single table with great company and only got up to get more food and drinks. I am going to try to be more sociable and get to know more people. Please, if you see me, introduce yourself.

Plus, I have to deliver the aprons to the chef and the sous chef. If they aren't going to use them, I'll use one as a bib. Plenty of spots to store eating implements in. If you weren't there last year, you will not get the inside joke with the aprons.

Edit to add: Looks like I need to figure out why this new phone is doing this to these pics. I cannot have an entire day where everything works right.

How did I get dragged into this?
    PS- there is no way that apron will match my Speedos.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Please welcome our newest MDS member, JSpringr, he'll be handling this thread going forward.

hahahaha....

This is a good time to drill down to where the conflict comes from.

I think it is safe to say that nearly all the friction I have with other people here is with folks that dive in activism/organizing threads with declarations that "it's a waste of time", "it's dumb", "wake up", "it's all over, it's done, "you'll never make any difference", and on and on and on. Zzzz man's dives into the Harrisburg organizing thread its an example of this.

Activism/organizing threads are specifically set up to INVITE people to join. They are not meant to be debate threads. They are meant to lay out a program and gather up anyone who wants to sign on.

God knows, MDS has hundreds of thousands of other threads to settle the endless "9mm vs. .45" back-and-forth debates. There are people who go into the Funny Pictures thread to start debates, and they are told to GTFO, bring funny pictures. Makes sense doesn't it?

If people would just recognize that one thread is an RSVP thread and the others are debate threads, almost 100% of the friction goes away.

Did I miss anything?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    s p.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    hahahaha....

This is a good time to drill down to where the conflict comes from.

I think it is safe to say that nearly all the friction I have with other people here is with folks that dive in activism/organizing threads with declarations that "it's a waste of time", "it's dumb", "wake up", "it's all over, it's done, "you'll never make any difference", and on and on and on. Zzzz man's dives into the Harrisburg organizing thread its an example of this.

Activism/organizing threads are specifically set up to INVITE people to join. They are not meant to be debate threads. They are meant to lay out a program and gather up anyone who wants to sign on.

God knows, MDS has hundreds of thousands of other threads to settle the endless "9mm vs. .45" back-and-forth debates. There are people who go into the Funny Pictures thread to start debates, and they are told to GTFO, bring funny pictures. Makes sense doesn't it?

If people would just recognize that one thread is an RSVP thread and the others are debate threads, almost 100% of the friction goes away.

Did I miss anything?

You just ain't going to quit, are you? You dove into MY thread, not YOUR thread, and wanted me to delete stuff from MY thread. YOUR activism thread was 100 pages of stuff that I could not even follow. So, instead of using your own activism thread, you decided to commandeer mine, demand respect, and issue orders.

Maybe you need to start YOUR own activism chatboard or ask the powers that be to set up a spot on here for you like MSI has/had wherein you can be the mod, which will allow you to edit, lock, sticky threads. You could even require a secret password and/or handshake for other "activists" to enter.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maybe you need to start YOUR own activism chatboard or ask the powers that be to set up a spot on here for you like MSI has/had wherein you can be the mod, which will allow you to edit, lock, sticky threads. You could even require a secret password and/or handshake for other "activists" to enter.

Please let it be a password, I was never good at secret hand shakes...

White-people-awkward-handshake.gif

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You just ain't going to quit, are you? You dove into MY thread, not YOUR thread, and wanted me to delete stuff from MY thread. YOUR activism thread was 100 pages of stuff that I could not even follow. So, instead of using your own activism thread, you decided to commandeer mine, demand respect, and issue orders.

It's a big rule book, gonna take a while..

Book-HUGE.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Tell the whole story: You started a Bump Stock info thread and then put in six long posts about your dreams for real estate purchases and a bigger house. From "your bump stock thread". These are just 2 of the 6...

My wife is from the "makes a damn good amount of money" clan and I am from the "have no problem swinging a hammer" clan. My dad is going to help us finish the interior the way we want it. Just damn impossible to buy a house like we want and without an HOA or restrictive covenants, so build one it is. I might be acting as my own GC, but we shall see. We are going to talk to a builder after tax season to see what it would cost to build everything but the floors, bathrooms, and kitchen.

We were going to buy this one a month ago:

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Westminster/4205-Sequoia-Dr-21157/home/14476008

I was working on getting the financing lined up and putting together the contract because we asked if there was an HOA and the seller's agent said there wasn't one. Then, right before we were going to submit everything the seller's agent sent over a 9 page Restrictive Covenant that says boats, trailers, etc. must be garaged, no working on vehicles in the driveway (my truck will not fit in the garage), need approval for permanent structures, no temporary structures allowed, no more than 2 dogs, no livestock other than dogs and cats, no cutting down trees unless they are dead, yada, yada, yada. Our agent sent the restrictive covenant to my wife and my wife told her "No way fabs is going to be alright with this."

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Rules, rules, everywhere rules

Yep, I met with a client last night in Urbana. One of my cycling friends lives in Urbana right down the street from him on Worthington. Thought about buying in Urbana from NVHomes about 8 years ago. Every time I drive into Urbana from route 80 the skyline looks different, and this is at least once a year, if not more often. Noticed the huge development just north of the mosque last night on route 80. Noticed large apartment buildings or condos on my left as I came into 355. Every time I pass the track at 75/80 I remember the last time I went there with my brother and some of his friends, and I shed a tear for progress.

Not only does that house have an HOA, which I cannot live with, but it is in Urbana where a new village has just been opened up for development. I am trying to get away from people and traffic, not move to where it will be worse. I am also trying to find a piece of property to build on that will allow me to shoot in the backyard. Not so sure that could be done in Urbana even on 1.7 acres. Thought I had the right spot here in "western" Howard County, but nope. I screwed up.

I want to move north of Westminster, but my wife does not want to drive more than 20 minutes to work. Can't say I blame her. So, she tells me "Imagine how long the drive will be for your parents from Silver Spring." She knows me way too well. So, western Carroll it is. If I get lucky enough in life, I'll be able to buy a farm in northern Carroll or PA to hunt on.

As far as heating goes, we will be putting in a wood burning furnace and a couple of wood stoves. We heat 4,000 sf with wood right now, so what the hell is a couple thousand more. AC? We are just going to have to learn how to sweat a little or live in the basement during the summer.

I complained privately to you in a personal message about junking up an important bump stock thread during the time action was underway on bump stocks in Annapolis. Your response: you left your 6 long real estate posts right where they were.

Game, set, match, Fabs.....that's how it goes around here sometimes.

As for being a mod, not needed. If people continue to dive into organizing threads to debate the topic and insult people who are volunteering, well, activism will just suffer because that will be what people prefer.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Tell the whole story: You started a Bump Stock info thread and then put in six long posts about your dreams for real estate purchases and a bigger house.

I complained privately to you in a personal message about junking up an important bump stock thread during the time action was underway on bump stocks in Annapolis. Your response: you left your 6 long real estate posts right where they were.

Game, set, match, Fabs.....that's how it goes around here sometimes.

The whole story has already been told above, and I even provided a link to the thread.

Yes, you DEMANDED respect privately in a PM to me while complaining in the same PM to me, about something of insignificance. Better ways to use your time. Due to your arrogance, I decided to ignore the request of somebody that believes himself to be the Supreme Commander of me. Granted, you did use "please" in the title line when you started off with "Please show the respect due". Ironic how you leave these parts out of your "whole story".

As I also said up above, best to receive compliments from others, not yourself. Also best to be declared the winner by somebody else, not yourself.

Had no idea we were playing tennis. I prefer GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!

Continue on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom