• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looking For A Good Deer Shotgun?

I didn't want this to get lost in the "Range Pics" thread so I'm making a separate thread. I guess I could have put this in the "Show Us Your Hunting Rig" thread. I'll leave that up to the Mods.

Be that as it may, here's a chance to show off what your deer shotgun is capable of. Being as so many of us are forced to use them(and I used black powder for years in the Md firearm deer season until...), Lets see what is out there for others who face the dilemma of buying/choosing a new shotty for deer.

Took my Savage 220 to the range today to clean the cobwebs out of the barrel and this is what she did with Remington 2 3/4'' Accutips. Four shot group shot in 15 minutes @ 100 yds. Not bad for a shotgun.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
      untitled.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 199
    Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's some mighty fine shootin' out of a shotgun.

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but that must mean the group would be 1/2 the size if the string took 30 minutes to shoot.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Well depends on where im hunting,

In MD:

IMG_2978.jpg

I use my 870 with my slug barrel, if i'm really going to be in the thick i opt for the rifled barrel with iron sights, I have an old banner fixed 4x on the top. Using Fusions i'm good with 2" groups out to 150 yds.

tc_impact.jpg

or i feel really special In MD i use the TC impact, cheap can use in shotgun season and i'm good out to a good 200 yards easy using BH209 and TC Shockwaves.

savage170.jpg

And If I'm in PA I can't not use my baby, my first deer rifle a 1979 Savage 170B in 35 Rem. Sighted in for zero at 150yds and minute of deer out to 300 with 200 grain Remington green box.

But I have been known as my granddad's win mod 94 pre 60 in 30-30 or a Pennsylvanian long rifle flintlock in 50 Cal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom