• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Be sure you read the 1911 section on the CMP forum to see all the stupid mistakes people have made.

The bottom line is - "Read the directions and follow the directions".

So after looking at the forum, I am concerned that the FFL I chose will not attach my name to the signed FFL they send CMP. They refused to even give me their FFL number (which can be looked up at ATF's web site), let alone give me a signed copy of their FFL to include. I may choose another FFL. Does anyone know of an IP that would be willing to provide a signed copy of their FFL?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So after looking at the forum, I am concerned that the FFL I chose will not attach my name to the signed FFL they send CMP. They refused to even give me their FFL number (which can be looked up at ATF's web site), let alone give me a signed copy of their FFL to include. I may choose another FFL. Does anyone know of an IP that would be willing to provide a signed copy of their FFL?

Start calling IP's because it is time to find a new FFL if yours won't work with you.

The CMP already said they have received over 200 FFL's with no name associated which will be going to the circular file.

See item #7:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=1754366&postcount=1

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

all they need to do is email it to CMP with your name attached to it. It does not have to go in with your packet..

A1 uniform did mine, no problem.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Don't know if it is important, but does a copy of one's HQL need to be included? I thought about it at the last minute and included a front/back copy.

Q

Jul 1, 2012
    Don't need one, in MD a C&R eligible pistol is exempt from an HQL for anyone.
    There's a checkbox on the 77R in the HQL exemption block for C&R items.

caveat: there's at least one MD shop that requires an HQL for C&R pistols but it's a shop policy, not the law.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Roger that. I put it in as insurance. The section on state specific regs used the big cities and NJ as examples. I am thinking the FFL will be the final check.

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    From what it sounds like, you are put in the random number generator for your place in line, and if they run out in this cycle, you are still in line for the next cycle, but the timing of the next cycle is unknown at this time.

Q

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From what it sounds like, you are put in the random number generator for your place in line, and if they run out in this cycle, you are still in line for the next cycle, but the timing of the next cycle is unknown at this time.

Q

I read that they also send you your sequence number after they assign them. I guess if you get something like 10000, you are probably SOL. :)

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I read that they also send you your sequence number after they assign them. I guess if you get something like 10000, you are probably SOL. :)

Yes you would be short this go around. But as stated above they are going to continue with the list until they use up all the names.

On a side note what FFL’s have you guys used, as I need to have one submit for me and I’m willing to travel. Also I understand these are C&R and I don’t need a HQL, but I would guess I need a Federal C&R license? Trying to figure out what else I need to do so I can submit my application this week.

Good luck to all.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I have a buddy in Fort Washington that has an FFL. I have used him for a few transfers. Unforunately, he has a travel schedule which makes timing tricky.

Some of the IPs should be able to help you.

Q

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Call United Guns in Rockville 1-888-736-0262 or 301-637-5697. They will help you with the FFL.

Good luck.

For those who do NOT have an HQL, be advised that United Guns will not sell you a C&R eligible pistol if you don't have an HQL. So plan accordingly.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    For those who do NOT have an HQL, be advised that United Guns will not sell you a C&R eligible pistol if you don't have an HQL. So plan accordingly.

United is not the only one, make sure your FFL will handle it as a C&R or you will have to find one that will or you will have to get a HQL.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    United is not the only one, make sure your FFL will handle it as a C&R or you will have to find one that will or you will have to get a HQL.

It's been pointed out that if you have a C&R you could have the 1911 shipped to an out of state FFL, and they could transfer to you via your C&R. No HQL required.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    It's been pointed out that if you have a C&R you could have the 1911 shipped to an out of state FFL, and they could transfer to you via your C&R. No HQL required.

Has anyone confirmed that CMP will do this? I have a guy in PA willing to work with me but he’s afraid something would happen with cmp and I’ll get screwed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom