Sign up on Feb 26 at 8am to provide testimony against ammo bill, firearm storage, etc

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Sign up on Feb 25 at 8am to provide testimony against ammo bill, firearm storage, etc

Edit 2/24: the actual submission date is tomorrow 2/25. MSI website was incorrect and that’s what I was following.

I hope y’all are planning on signing up on Feb 26 to testify against HB175 (ammo background check bill), HB200 (firearms storage bill), and the HB1291 (untraceable firearms bill). I’m putting the finishing touches on my written testimony against HB175. Who else is testifying against these abominations (written or oral)?

Remember to sign up for your MyMGA account beforehand to be ready to sign up at 8AM.

Last edited:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I will submit written. I can easily come up with something for the ammo bill but I'm less versed in the history of unserialized firearms.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I will submit written. I can easily come up with something for the ammo bill but I'm less versed in the history of unserialized firearms.

Even if you submit "My name is Ponder, and I oppose this bill, thank you." It will be something. Making a personal case is, of course, better...but anything is more than nothing. You don't even have to submit any testimony to get counted as "unfavorable."

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I think I'm going to submit written in support of HB0669. MSI doesn't have a stance on it. It makes the participation in a straw purchase a felony instead of a misdemeanor. The penalty (10years) is already prohibiting and remains the same...so...why not? :shrug: Surprisingly, the sponsor, Dalya Attar is a D. It's kinda weird that one of them would want to go after the bad guys, for once.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Holy crap! I was following the MSI website for testimony date. I didn’t realize they had it wrong. I’m glad I made this initial post. I would’ve been pissed after working on the testimony and missing it because the date was wrong on the MSI website.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    To make it a little easier, here' some links:

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebs...MyMGATracking/ManageLists&registerId=Tracking

Or register for a new account. With a new account, you'll get an email to confirm. Don't forget to confirm your email:
    https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Account/Register/Tracking

(Added Tracking and Witness Sign-up) Look on the left hand menu to add bills to track and Witness Sign up.

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/MyMGATracking/ManageLists

For tracking Click on Add a List, name it MGA 2021 or whatever, then Click Edit List items and you can check the bills you want to follow.

Just a side note, I'm so glad our legislators are working hard for us. There are over 2,000 entries. (yes, I know there are dupes between house and senate bills.)

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Anyone know how to change the title of my post for this thread? I don’t want to mislead anyone with the 2/26 date.

I believe you can to Edit and then select Advanced settings. I skimmed that message the other day so I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom