• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Getting ready...authentic leather and mag pouches...plus have WWII OD green pouches. One pictured is WWI.

Attachments

• 6C9AD431-5086-428B-8D9F-98D13F09CBF4.jpeg
      6C9AD431-5086-428B-8D9F-98D13F09CBF4.jpeg
      112.6 KB · Views: 302

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Important Update on Ammo. Please Read:

Below is the addendum to the mid atlantic multigun rules we will be using for this match for ammo. Any questions please email matchdirector@agcrange.org or PM me.

3.1 Handgun ammunition must be:
    3.1.1 Centerfire: .30 (7.62) or larger, including 7.62x25 and .30 Mauser.
    3.1.1.1 9mm to 45 ACP is recommended
    3.1.2 No pistol round shall have a velocity exceeding 1500 fps.
    3.1.3 No pistol round shall have a vlocity below 750 fps.
    3.1.4 5.7x28 is specifically prohibited.
    3.1.5 As mentioned in 3.3, no steel core ammo of any kind is allowed. Please check your surplus ammo beforehand.

3.2 Rifle ammunition must be:
    3.2.1 Centerfire: any caliber up to, and including, 8mm Mauser
    3.2.2 No rifle round shall have a velocity exceeding 3000 fps.
    3.2.3 5.7x28 is specifically prohibited.
    3.2.4 As mentioned in 3.3, no steel core ammo of any kind is allowed. This means no surplus silvertip/light ball 7.62x54r, Romanian light ball 8mm Mauser, black tip .30-06 or .308, etc.

3.3 Bimetal jacket and steel-jacketed ammunition can be used, provided it is not specifically armor-piercing (example modern Tula 7.62x54r). Ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is prohibited. Participants will be given an opportunity to replace the prohibited ammunition with ammunition that is approved by the match and be allowed to continue to participate. If that competitor is discovered a second time utilizing prohibited ammunition, then the competitor will be disqualified from the event. Any damaged steel as a result of any use of prohibited ammunition will be replaced by the competitor found to be using the prohibited ammunition regardless of first offense or not.

3.4 For any questions related to ammunition, please contact the Match Director before the match and we will work with you to ensure you have the proper ammunition.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Oh man. That 750 FPS cutoff prevents me from using my Nagant 1895. PPU ammo comes in just under that at 738. Oh well.

This is a good point since there are other revolvers of that era that are a little lower velocity as well. We'll see about doing some testing to see if going down to around 700 will still be safe on our targets so we can get things like your Nagant included.

I really want to see someone shoot a Nagant revolver so if we can make that happen we will. Keep an eye out for updates.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    This is a good point since there are other revolvers of that era that are a little lower velocity as well. We'll see about doing some testing to see if going down to around 700 will still be safe on our targets so we can get things like your Nagant included.

I really want to see someone shoot a Nagant revolver so if we can make that happen we will. Keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks! It’s the only revolver I have that is Milsurp and I’m new to this type of competitive shooting. In fact, this would probably be my first match. I was gonna pair the Nagant with either an M44 or a K31 in the competition. Hopefully you guys are able to drop the limits to allow the Nagant ammo. If not, and it’s a safety issue, it’s understandable.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks! It’s the only revolver I have that is Milsurp and I’m new to this type of competitive shooting. In fact, this would probably be my first match. I was gonna pair the Nagant with either an M44 or a K31 in the competition. Hopefully you guys are able to drop the limits to allow the Nagant ammo. If not, and it’s a safety issue, it’s understandable.

Cool, either of those will be a ton of fun, I love the Mosin carbines.

Give us some time and we'll get back with an update on ammo velocity. Keep working on those finger pushups in the meantime haha

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Oh man. That 750 FPS cutoff prevents me from using my Nagant 1895. PPU ammo comes in just under that at 738. Oh well.

I guess my Webley MkIV is out, then? I even have .38/200s, but they clock in at 650 fps. :(

topguntin

Aug 11, 2017
    I guess my Webley MkIV is out, then? I even have .38/200s, but they clock in at 650 fps. :(

I plan on bring a SW Victory in 38SW so I'm working on a ~775fps load in 38SW load with 145gr cast bullets.

These load are safe for solid frame guns, but I'm don't know if this would be safe in a top break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom