Who needs a gun in Roland Park, Baltimore, MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    About two blocks from me. It has not appeared in an official source but rather the Roland Park E-Newsletter.

Like the VCDL always asks, who needs a gun when walking your dog?

2. Assault in Tuxedo Park.

Today, I received the following e-mail from our friends at the Wyndhurst Improvement Association (WIA). Generally, I don’t post do crime alerts without police verification. However, I consider the source reliable and the matter pressing, so the e-mail is reproduced below:

“I'm sorry to say we had a bad incident last night.

“A man was walking his dog at 12:30 a.m. [Mar. 1, 2010] at the intersection of Gladstone and Summit. He was assaulted from behind by a man wearing a ski mask, who hit him over the head repeatedly with a gun. Two people from a nearby house heard the altercation, turned on their porch light and came to his assistance. There was a brief struggle; then the assailant fled. The police were notified, the man who was assaulted was given medical care and now has staples in his head where he was lacerated.

“If any of you saw or heard something last night that could help shed light on this incident, please let [either the police or the Wyndhurst Improvement Association] know. The man who was attacked has done much for this neighborhood. Our thanks go to him for what he has done, as do our wishes for a full and speedy recovery.”

If you know anything about this incident, please let the police know or contact Carol Bishop at the WIA (wyndhurst@gmail.com).

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Some years ago one of my down the street neighbors (an older man IIRC) was walking his dog when a car full of thugs stopped beside him and robbed him at gunpoint.
    They caught the thugs and they asked them why this part of the county seeing as how they were from DC or near the DC line. They said it was because they thought the rich people lived here (really just middle class) and it was worth the drive to rob someone.

The same thing happened in another part of town just a few months ago:
    On 11/16/09 at approximately 1855 hrs, Bowie officers responded to
    the 3900 block of Elite St for the report of an armed robbery. Upon arrival the victim stated that
    while walking his dog, he was approached by two unknown B/M’s. The first suspect was medium
    complexion, husky in build, medium length dread locks and wore a green jacket. The first
    suspect also brandished an unknown caliber, black handgun. The second suspect was medium in
    complexion, tall, slim build; short hair cut and wore all dark clothing.
    The suspects approached the victim at which time suspect one pointed the black handgun at the
    victim and asked “do you have any money?” The victim replied “no”, which is when suspect two
    grabbed the victim’s I PHONE out of his left hand. The suspects then fled on foot toward the
    Bowie Town Center. The victim ran in the opposite direction and asked a citizen to call the
    police and his Mother.
    http://www.cityofbowie.org/Government/Police/data/ur_1116_citiz_robbery_elite.pdf

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Don't need a gun just bigger meaner dogs to walk. A pair of Bull Mastiffs would make the robber think twice.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Don't need a gun just bigger meaner dogs to walk. A pair of Bull Mastiffs would make the robber think twice.
    True they might think twice, but not everyone wants to have to carry a snow shovel pooper scooper everytime they walk the dogs either.

Also, if they are bold enough to rob someone on a suburb street, what would keep them from shooting the dogs or think it was a great opportunity to use fear; "give us your money or we shoot your dogs".

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

I think I should be abe to carry. My girlfriend lives in Dundalk and there are always sketchy people wandering around. What do I have to defend myself? My phone? Mmmm.....just dial and wait.

On a side note, my Golden Retriever is not exactly intimidating. He is a watch dog for sure; he just sits there and watches stuff get stolen.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    As soon as our citizens starting pointing their own guns at these punks they'll.....oh, that's right.

MH

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for CCW, although if you used a snow shovel pooper scooper, you could just hand over the bag to them.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Wow... usually very quiet in that neck of the woods. Seems like assault and burglaries have been up everywhere in north Baltimore. We had an armed robbery in our neighborhood a few months ago, the first ever.

I'm shocked the dog didn't go for the assailant.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    This guy was pistol whippped from behind, which means he was surprised. I doubt having a gun on him would have mattered. I'm all for ccw but in this case I doesnt sound like it would have mattered.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Also, if they are bold enough to rob someone on a suburb street, what would keep them from shooting the dogs or think it was a great opportunity to use fear; "give us your money or we shoot your dogs".

This.

spok_in_metal-420x306.jpg

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    True they might think twice, but not everyone wants to have to carry a snow shovel pooper scooper everytime they walk the dogs either.

sounds like MSP:lol:

mixman

2nd Amendment Supporter
    Sep 28, 2009
    Carroll County
    Roland Park, huh? My office is just a few blocks away in Hampden. Let's just say I am not surprised.

Sadly, Roland Park is full of too many people who think guns are the problem. If the poor guy got wacked in the head with a gun, it could have just as easly been a tree branch or a baseball bat.

I'll leave it with this: I pitty the fool that breaks into my office if I or my staff are there (I keep the place armed at all times).

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Ditto on mixman (I am a member of his staff in the office near Roland Park) - the neighborhood, as far as I can tell, is almost exclusively rich Baltimore-City-liberals, a.k.a. a criminal's wet dream. Lots of money, no guns, no brains. Honestly, I can't really think of anywhere better to go in the whole city if you want to commit crime.

It's kinda like that funny picture of the house with the sign out front that says something along the lines of "Out of respect for my neighbor's dislike of guns, I won't protect his unarmed house with my guns," only the other house is all of Roland Park. Wasn't it in/near Roland Park that some guy got jumped while walking to his car in the morning to go to work, and shoved in his own car's trunk while being driven around to ATMs recently?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Ditto on mixman (I am a member of his staff in the office near Roland Park) - the neighborhood, as far as I can tell, is almost exclusively rich Baltimore-City-liberals, a.k.a. a criminal's wet dream. Lots of money, no guns, no brains. Honestly, I can't really think of anywhere better to go in the whole city if you want to commit crime.

It's kinda like that funny picture of the house with the sign out front that says something along the lines of "Out of respect for my neighbor's dislike of guns, I won't protect his unarmed house with my guns," only the other house is all of Roland Park. Wasn't it in/near Roland Park that some guy got jumped while walking to his car in the morning to go to work, and shoved in his own car's trunk while being driven around to ATMs recently?

I think that was a while ago. Or I may be confusing the similar story from a few years back of the woman who got raped.

Remember children, guns are for protecting criminals, not you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom